To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1500 Line Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
SPECIALISTS HOSPITAL SHREVEPORT • Shreveport, LA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs intraoperative imaging in OR and Pain Management Treatment Area. Produces radiographs of patient’s bodies for use in diagnosing and treating medical problems. Performs related clerical duties such as typing and completing charges. This position is for a full time, day shift, Monday through Friday. The position will be required to take call one week out of 6 weeks.
· Performs intraoperative imaging with portable x-ray machine or c-arm to assist in surgery and pain management.
· Prepares trays for pain management utilizing sterile technique.
· Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Takes x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
· Ensures hospital personnel are adequately protected from radiation.
· Answers phone requests for x-rays to be pulled, picked up or sent to another doctor.
· Retrieves x-rays from PACS to assist in surgery.
· Logs radiologic procedures completed.
· Ensures fluoroscopy time is documented.
· Stocks supplies and ensures all equipment is in working order.
· Cleans working area and equipment.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of accredited radiologic technician program. Maintains continuing education in radiologic program.
Associate degree or equivalent 1 year minimum customer service experience, preferably in health care setting.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
State of Louisiana Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners