Part-time in Elgin
Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) is a multi-site federally qualified health center providing comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health services within the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable health care for all including those without the ability to pay. We currently have health centers in Elgin, Wheeling, Hanover Park, Streamwood, Sycamore, DeKalb and McHenry. We are financially and programmatically stable and are continuing to grow. We are Joint Commission Accredited and are PCMH Certified. For more information, I encourage to visit our website, http://www.URL blocked - click to apply.org.
This is a great job opportunity for a Dental Assistant who is either experienced or is looking to get into the medical field. In this position, you’ll be able to contribute to your community and make an impact in a patient’s life. If this is you, keep on reading.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance to Dentists and Hygienists in procedures routinely completed in a general dental practice including chairside assisting, inventory and assistance to Dentists and Hygienists. This assistance also includes charting for the Dentist/Hygienist per the dictation of what to chart, taking of bite-wing, full-mouth and panorex x-rays, translation, oral hygiene instruction, sealant placement, coronal polish and fluoride treatment
How You'll Help Patients
- Responsible for preparation and set up of instruments, rooms, materials and equipment necessary for each procedure.
- Responsible for the sterilization of instruments and the cleaning and routine maintenance of equipment and work areas.
- Accurately records information and charting on patient records as dictated by Dentist/Hygienist.
- Effectively and efficiently takes x-rays as ordered by Dentist.
- Properly and effectively places sealants, provides oral hygiene instruction and engages in fluoride treatments under Dentist/Hygienist diagnosis.
- Helps to identify related medical/dental and/or social problems.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials as well as thorough and accurate documentation of inventory.
- Provides care in age appropriate fashion.
- Report to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available. Follow and fully implement Corporate Compliance Program. Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Perks Just For You:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays)
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required.
- Completion of a dental assisting program, preferred.
- Current BLS CPR Card
- Minimum of six months related experience and/or training preferred with diploma, preferred.
- 3 year of experience without diploma.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.