To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anaheim, CA
- Nate Skow
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP of Information Technology
HireNexus • Anaheim, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vice President of IT
I am working with a Private Equity backed multi-state manufacturing and distribution group that is seeking an experienced VP of IT.
The Vice President of IT will be a key member of corporate leadership and will need to drive forward operational improvements across the enterprise as the organization expands. As such, the position requires a leader with organizational design and management experiences, IT roadmap and strategic development, effective communication and change management skills, extensive application and infrastructure background, and experience driving process improvement projects.
This position will require IT transformation by establishing a standalone IT application and infrastructure environment, refreshed IT policies and procedures, developing support and help desk SOPs, as well as refining the global IT strategy needed to effectively create an independent organization positioned for growth. Vendor selection and management, and data integrity and security throughout the company will also fall under the position’s oversight. Extensive collaboration with business stakeholders is required to support strategic plans, policies, programs, technology support services, network communication to accomplish business goals and objectives.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends and develops short and long-term IT strategy and plans for systems implementation, IT service management and operations, capital and operating budgets, and staffing to accomplish business objectives including carve-out standup.
- Develops, implements, and monitors IT systems policies and controls, information security, asset tracking control, and regulatory compliance.
- Development of holistic ERP strategy and management over implementation and ongoing support services.
- Responsible for evaluating, and maintaining technology standards across operations including corporate offices, field offices, retail parts locations and distribution facilities.
- Supports acquisition diligence and integration efforts, when necessary.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees backup and disaster recovery (DR)/business continuity plans (BCP). Manages institutional risk related to data storage and security.
- Directly oversee employees in the Corporate IT Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and career development of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Ensures timely, effective use of technology to support business goals/needs and ensures the organization migrates to an effective hybrid in source/outsource model for the provision of information technology services.
- Administers the Department’s budget, within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost effective operations of the company.
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the executives, management and key stakeholders on projects regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Centrally manages all hardware and software license agreements, communication agreements and vendor contracts.
- Defines and communicates project / day to day milestones, service level agreements (SLAs), and resource allocation to executives, management and key stakeholders.
- Performs other job functions as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- 10-15 years’ experience in IT operations, management and best practices
- At least 10 years’ experience in a supervisory role; ability to lead people and get results through others, preferably with at least 5 years as a Director, VP or CIO.
- Environment Design – demonstrated capability to design and implement an IT environment based on a well-articulated roadmap and strategic vision
- Budgeting – proven capabilities in translating technology needs into prioritized plans and budgetary requirements
- Executive Communication – ability to communicate effectively with executives and management regarding technology concepts, plans, operations and requirements
- Prioritization and portfolio management – proven capability of balancing strategic vision, operational requirements and technology alignment into an overall implementation plan
- Project management – demonstrated project management skills ranging from minor technology upgrades to major shifts in technology approach
- People management skills – proven experience coordinating a broad mix of IT staff
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, and products
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly, business language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tattoo's are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in working with Private Equity is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience integrating acquisitions and/or separating (carve-out) businesses is desired.
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
I was very impressed with Nate’s attention to detail and making sure I had as much information and guidance as possible prior to my phone interview. His comments helped understand the employer’s perspective better.
Bruce, Chief Operating Officer in Kentucky