To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sayreville, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative, Transportation
3PLRecruiters • Sayreville, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transportation Customer Service Representative
Our client is a mid-sized third-party logistics (3PL) company based in New Jersey, providing asset-based trucking, mainly drayage, and freight brokerage services. It seeks to hire a Transportation Customer Service Representative to assist with the management of dray moves with company drivers and common carriers.
Qualified candidates will have prior experience with truck dispatch and port drayage operations. The coordinator role requires an organized problem-solver who can efficiently communicate with customers, serve their needs, execute on-time pickup and delivery, and quickly resolve service challenges.
- Communicate with customers to capture shipping order instructions and status.
- Document shipments and process invoices.
- Make pick-up and delivery appointments based on customer orders and port schedules.
- Dispatch asset-based drivers/trucks or 3rd party carriers to ensure customer orders are booked.
- Communicate load instructions to drivers.
- Track drivers and equipment to ensure timely delivery of containers to the final destinations.
- Communicate with customers to coordinate paperwork and freight movement in a timely manner.
- Provide continual updates to clients on load status and update operational systems.
- Ensure compliance with DOT and safety regulations.
- Provide customers with information on services, rates, equipment availability and shipment status.
- Provide management with feedback on any service issues.
- At least 2 years of container drayage dispatch experience.
- Knowledge of New Jersey and New York port areas and surrounding highway infrastructure.
- Truck transportation dispatcher experience.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office and dispatch systems, such as Profit Tools.
- Ability to manage stress and deal with customers and drivers in a polite and professional manner.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, take initiative and achieve results.
- Knowledge of FMCSA safety regulations & HOS limitations.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.