To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ 85003
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
3PL Transportation Planner
3PLRecruiters • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 4 days ago
3PL Transportation Planner
Our third-party logistics (3PL) client has an expanding freight brokerage business and seeks to hire a Transportation Planner in Phoenix, AZ. This role will focus on transportation analysis of customer shipments and supply chain optimization to create more efficient networks, improve planning practices and collaborate with carriers to lower freight costs. It is expected that candidates will have several years of work experience in transportation planning using TMS for a shipper, distributor or 3PL, handling large volumes of truckload and LTL shipments per day.
The Transportation Planner will use MercuryGate TMS as a primary tool to analyze shipment data and find more efficient routes, opportunities for mode conversation, and multi-stop trips to minimize empty miles. This role will also have daily responsibilities to process customer orders, optimize shipments, tender freight to carriers, and analyze results. Our client offers a competitive salary and bonus program.
- Responsible for the inbound and outbound transportation planning for customers.
- Optimize freight costs by creating continuous moves, minimizing dead-head miles and maximizing carrier utilization.
- Communicate with customers, internal resources and carriers to resolve customer and carrier issues for on-time pickup and delivery.
- Develop and foster relationships by providing high levels of customer service and prompt response to customers.
- Create more efficient transportation networks across customers based on analysis of transit routes, traffic patterns and frequencies, and loaded mile ratios.
- Implement routing solutions, processes, procedures and reporting tools to improve reliability and on-time performance.
- Solicit carriers to fill back hauls and maximize earnings and utilization.
- Setup and train resources on TMS and maintain TMS master data.
- Maintain accurate information for all shipments for service, cost and reporting integrity.
- Utilize KPI’s to measure, monitor and improve performance.
- At least 3 years of prior transportation planning experience.
- Experienced user of TMS. MercuryGate knowledge is a PLUS.
- Solid knowledge of logistics purchasing, processes, functions and terminology.
- Experience negotiating rates with carriers and 3rd party logistics providers.
- Results-focused, motivated, energetic and flexible.
- Works well independently, but also works well in a team environment.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user.
- Strong communications skills, with a positive and engaging personality.
- College degree preferred, but not required, especially in Supply Chain Management or Business Management.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.