To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princeton, NJ
- Leslea Scott
- Phone: 713-438-0919
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Icon Information Consultants • Princeton, NJ
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
• Perform the accounting, processing, and analysis of fixed assets.
• Perform fixed asset accounting functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month end close of Energy Inc. Duties will include calculation of monthly depreciation, capitalization of CIP projects and retirements; preparation of necessary journal entries and posting thereof in the accounting system.
• Reconcile fixed assets subsidiaries to general ledger on monthly basis.
• Maintain integrity of the fixed assets system by analyzing changes in the fixed assets balances.
• Assist corporate tax group in compliance with tax laws by providing calculations for tax depreciation, tax basis in assets retired and additions.
• Assist in analysis of monthly variance of actual results from budget.
• Coordinate preparation of annual property tax filings with the property tax group.
• Preparation of monthly/quarterly fixed assets schedule for the company in accordance with GAAP and company fixed assets policy.
• Provide support on technical accounting issues and provide assistance with special projects as necessary.
• Assist with annual budget plan.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting.
• Two to five years of experience in general accounting and finance.
• Prior fixed assets accounting experience preferred.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to identify areas for process improvements.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Ability to work independently in team oriented culture.
• Experience in a fast paced environment and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Experience with JD Edwards, SAP and Microsoft Office applications preferred.
• Experience with Power Plant would be a plus.