To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
- Megan Fink
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Occupational Safety Manager
LIDL US, LLC • Arlington, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Lidl is looking for someone to take on a hands-on, detail oriented operations role at a fast growing retail company. This individual will help build on safety standards across our locations. This is a rare chance to join a well-funded team with a strong proof of concept and a massive market opportunity early in its life cycle. More importantly, this is a chance to play a key role in helping to build the next great consumer brand in the United States. Lidl’s occupational safety manager will provide support to a core piece of the business that will ultimately have an enormous impact on the success of the company in the short and long-term.
● Knowledge of and application of principles of occupational health and safety
● Collaborate with various departments and expand best safety practices
● Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials
● Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health or safety
● Providing safety and health assistance to management, supervisors, employees, and collateral duty safety representatives
● Provides input/interface into the job hazard analysis processes and performs exposure monitoring as required
● Conducting incident reports and entering reports and findings into safety management systems
● Performing safety audits, inspections, and evaluations to identify potential hazards and implement corrective actions in accordance with regulatory requirements
● Providing specialty safety services and assessments addressing requirements that include ergonomics and industrial hygiene
● Supporting and delivering employee training one-on-one, in groups, in classrooms, and via web-delivered media
● Providing outreach to employees, promoting safety awareness, positive safety attitude towards a positive safety culture throughout the organization
● Investigating complaints and reports of unsafe or unhealthful working conditions; provide recommendations for abatement action; and verify completion of abatement action
● Maintaining recordkeeping for injury/illness cases in accordance with OSHA requirements
● Collaborate with engineers or physicians to institute control or remedial measures for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions or equipment
● Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned to support the success of the organization and Safety Department
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint)
● PowerPoint presentation skills
● (Preferred) OSHA Trainer -construction and or general industry
● Ability to climb ladders and operate equipment needed to inspect facilities
● Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks.
● Strong communication skills.
● Working understanding of safety regulation(s).
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
● Degree in Environmental Health and Safety or a related field required.
● 3-5 years’ experience in environmental, health or safety desired.
● In lieu of degree, a total number of three years’ experience in related field will meet the education and related experience requirements listed above
● Certified Safety and Health Manager or a similar certification
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Strong Microsoft Office software and utilization of information skills
Physical Job Requirements
● This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) more than half the time.
● The person in this position may need to move about the corporate office(s) less than half the time.
● The person in this role must be able to position him/herself (ex: kneel, crawl, crouch down) to fulfill the essential functions of the role less than half the time.
● The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) 15 – 40 lbs.
● This position requires the ability to spend more than half the time viewing computer monitors
● This position is exposed to hazard/chemical materials | outdoor weather conditions | non-climate controlled workspace(s) less than half the time.
● The person in this position must be able to identify and distinguish between colors all of the time.
● This position commutes between regional offices/distribution centers less than 25% of the time.
● This position requires overnight domestic travel less than 25% of the time
● This position requires overnight international travel less than 25% of the time
● Anticipated travel will be by car, air, and/or train