To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mitchell/Martin, Inc. • New York, NY
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Functions and Duties:
- Prepares for examinations by checking equipment and inventorying and restocking supplies; reviewing patient schedules; reading physician orders for specific examinations; setting-up recording equipment; entering patient information into system.
- Reduces patient anxieties by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing assistance to examination table or treadmill.
- Prepares patients by positioning patient; spreading gels; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; adjusting equipment controls; verifying wave signals.
- Obtains quality images by positioning and repositioning transducer; monitoring display screen; listening to signals; adjusting equipment for beam strength and focus; detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities; recording images.
- Records examination information by printing graphics and data; calculating measurements of heart wall, chamber size, and blood flow direction and velocity; comparing measurements to norms.
- Protects patients by adhering to safety policies and protocols.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential; cautioning others regarding potential breaches.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
OR Logistics, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Medical Teamwork, Emotional Control, Professionalism, Verbal Communication, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Radiologic Technology, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment.
Professional Licenses and Certifications:
RDCS or RCVT or registry eligible with completion of registry within one year of hire.
Graduate of a CAHEA accredited Ultrasound or Cardiovascular Technology program. An Associate's Degree is required, a Bachelor's Degree is preferred. Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Six months or equivalent clinical training.
Medical Coverage, Direct Deposit and 401k
Commuter Benefits, Flex Spending and Entertainment Benefits
For over 30 years, Mitchell Martin Healthcare (MMHC) has provided clinical and allied talent to a diversified client base that includes Medical Centers, SNFs, Public and Private School Systems, Corporate and Occupational Health Centers, Insurance Firms, Life Sciences, Urgent Care and Community Health Centers. We have been recognized by the Joint Commission for our standards of quality compliance. MMHC's services include placement of healthcare professionals on a temporary and full-time basis. For the talented professionals we work with, MMHC always seeks to get the right people into the right jobs, with a high touch customer service orientation that is based on integrity and building long term relationships.