To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
731 East Bethalto Drive
Bethalto, IL 62010
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology (IT) Manager
1st MidAmerica Credit Union • Bethalto, IL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Overall responsibility for maintaining security and stability of credit union networks, servers, applicable operating systems and communication links. Manage the staff and resources dedicated to supporting office automation, PCs and end-user equipment, network and systems security.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coach and direct staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with departmental goals, objectives of the credit union, external regulations and budgetary requirements. Set objectives and deadlines for work, formulates plans and projects that increase efficiencies.
- Handles escalated troubleshooting tasks and works with team members on problem recognition, correlation and notification, maintains an open line of communication regarding events and follow-ups. Works with the department team, particularly help desk staff, to ensure they respond to inbound calls and tickets in an efficient, courteous and knowledgeable manner. Assist with ticket system maintenance and organization.
- Provides primary support for the company's network and servers which includes planning, implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting network and system hardware and software. Develop performance standards for the network. Implement and monitor controls to ensure standards are maintained.
- Directs significant special projects as assigned. Develop plans for implementation of new projects, coordinating progress with project leader. Provide well-defined plans including procedures, documentation, deadlines and accountability.
- Maintain awareness of changing trends in technology and regulations in the credit union industry that might affect the department and act as required.
- Assist in the development of annual budget. Recommend capital expenditures. Review and compare actual results to planned budgetary performance.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Ensure that network staff utilize technology to provide credit union staff with a fast, accurate and secure method to access information, in order that members can be served in a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure hardware and software and network support is provided to internal staff in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Proactively determine ways to improve support/service and reduce the number of inbound service calls.
- Help drive technical innovation while promoting a team building environment.
- Ensure that accurate documentation is maintained on purchasing decisions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Technical planning, project management and supervisory experience.
- Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other technical professionals as well as non-technical users.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and travel independently and use general office equipment, give speeches and make presentations.
- Frequently lift and carry computer equipment with the average of 20 pounds.