To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Albany, NY 12201
- Ed Hoffman
- Phone: 518-796-5784
- Phone:: 518-587-5447
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Service Technician
Hoffman Technical Associates • Albany, NY
Posted 3 days ago
Our client is the upstate NY Process Controls partner for global leader in Process Automation, engineering / installation and maintenance solutions within manufacturing and industrial. The successful candidate would assist Control System customers and project teams in the development, delivery, on‐going maintenance and optimization of our state of the art process control solutions for our industrial customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include participating with our customers in:
• Perform System Performance Audits on customer systems
• Distributed Control System design, commissioning and startup
• Distributed Control System troubleshooting and problem resolution
• On-site control system upgrades and modifications (configuration/graphics)
• Participation with multiple active control system customers
• Assist in the quotation and technical sales support of control system field service solutions
• Service contract and emergency support
• Application software design and installation
• Troubleshoot field instrumentation and valve related situations
• Troubleshoot and install Microsoft operating systems
• Troubleshoot computer related problems
• Design, install and troubleshoot networks (hardwired and wireless)
• Setup interfaces to PLCs, Drives and Bus‐Based Networks
• Setup Active Directories, Terminal Services and User Account
Some benefits: Full Base salary, + Company Car (for your personal use too), all expenses, laptop, Full company contributing defined pension plan, also 401k in addition, $ profit share, $ incentives, also a % of billable hours, company has full health insurance with about 80% paid by them, as well as many more benefits also.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Ideal candidate would have AAS Electrical, Computer Technology, Electronics
• +1-2 years of experience with windows operating systems preferred • Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2012
• Experience with virtualization technology (Hyper-V or VMware) a plus
• 3+ years in the control system engineering field
Experience with Emerson PROVOX system a plus
Note that they are very strong on training and estimate that it will take up to 10-12 months of company training to be proficient.
• Meet project team commitments and deadlines
• Work independently and as part of customer project team
• Provide clear and timely written documentation and excellent oral communications
• Frequent travel to customer facilities
• Participate in on‐going learning (latest technologies)
• Ability to transition back and forth between several tasks
• Must be a United States Citizen with a valid driver’s license