Our client has asked us to search for an Accounts Receivable clerk. This is a temp to hire position.
· Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts to reconcile with the customers’ records.
· Oversees client trust accounts, accounts receivable write-offs and payment reversals.
· Establishes new customer accounts after collecting required, executed documents from customer.
· Processes credit applications and obtain credit information from references.
· Performs collections function on customer accounts with past due invoices.
· Monitors order hold queues and releases and/or holds orders based on established procedures.
· Processes credit card transactions to pay open account invoices.
· Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
· Organizes and maintains customer files for required period of time.
· Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
· Utilizes computerized accounting software programs to perform duties and responsibilities.
· Provides monthly financial and management reports as required.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred.
· 4-6 years hands-on accounts receivable and collections
· Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency required. Good mathematical background
· Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
· Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
· Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
Practical And Pragmatic