To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Oversees Milwaukee based office operations, including reception area, mail, purchasing, facilities maintenance, and vendor management. Manages internal office moves, parking assignments and makes arrangements for onsite meetings and events. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload
The Office Manager works closely with our corporate support services and local anchor sponsor. In addition, this individual is responsible for the daily administration of policies, procedures and programs that assures a well-managed and well-maintained facility. Individual recommends changes in office practice and procedures.
- Maintain General Manager's schedule including day-to-day and long-term management of meetings, projects, travel and priorities
- Function in an anticipatory mode, making sure the leaders are thoroughly prepared from an organizational and documentation perspective for the various business matters in which they are involved.
- Ensure a well-managed and maintained facility. Initiate interventions to solve problems.
- Identify opportunities for administrative productivity that may include standardized process, vendors.
essential duties and responsibilites:
- The Office Manager is a critical team member, whose focus is to ensure the smooth operations of the team.
- Handle phone, email and postal mail inquiries and respond appropriately.
- Ensure that communications, written, verbal, and electronic, from the General Manager and the management team to external audiences are of the highest quality.
- Provide support to the General Manager by maintaining appointment schedule, planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Assists with paperwork for on-boarding new employees.
- Assists with basic finance operations (filing, requests from accountants etc.).
- Manage a broad range of office equipment, service and supply vendors
- Supervise maintenance of office equipment, including copier, phone lines, storage containers, and break room supplies and appliances.
- Manage and execute special projects as assigned.
- Research new office equipment/systems to maximize office efficiency and cost-savings.
Act as a project manager for special projects which may include: planning and coordinating presentations, developing visuals, disseminating information, and organizing events.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for executive leadership or other meetings.
- Create best practices and standardized procedures for productive office management, executive support, contract management and facilities planning.
- Maintain customer and company confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain contracts, leases and agreements relative to facilities management.
- Responsible for facility day-to-day operations. Maintain a safe, clean and beautiful property for clients, visitors and employees.
- Responsible for partnering with third-party vendors to ensure routine building maintenance, electrical and mechanical work (HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, paint, masonry, drywall repair, appliances, equipment repair and troubleshooting) are completed in a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
- Negotiate the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Manage the building space allocation, layout and facility expansion.
- Oversee employee parking assignment (both on and off site). Maintain parking lot signage.
- Responsible for scheduling of preventive maintenance of all facility equipment.
- Direct the cleaning and maintenance of the internal and external facility grounds.
- Coordinate training and maintenance of the supplies for the First Aid and AED.
- Maintain the building security systems and develop security policies for the building.
- Coordinate ongoing offsite record retention and storage activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- High level of flexibility, professionalism, project coordination experience, expert level written communications & strong decision making skills.
- Possess the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as internal/external clients, Board members and vendors.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. High level of proficiency in developing and assisting executives with PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements and travel discount/promotional programs.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Display solid listening, planning, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills, teamwork, leadership, self-esteem, confidence, respect, honesty, and time management skills are required
- Enjoys building new systems and continual improvement.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive (Docs/Sheets) and proficiency with file-sharing (DropBox) and project management tools.
- Understands the demands of a startup environment
PHYSICAL AND mENTAL dEMANDS:
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, type and engage in repetitive motion.
The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or grasp. The employee is intermittently required to stoop or crouch; push or pull; or kneel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and intermittently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.