To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
- Phone:: 630-271-1541
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Column Engineering • Elkhart, IN
Posted 1 day ago
The engineer in this position will be responsible for providing technical design expertise to the new product development and launch function. He/She will also be responsible for product design engineering and/or analysis support of certain product series in development/production phase.Major Areas of Responsibility
- Create, maintain and analyze product design using Altium Designer
- Provide design and development expertise from new concept idea to production implementation, including but not limited to schematic capture, circuit simulation, WCCA, board prototyping, PCB layout, generating Gerbers, design for manufacturability and board testing
- Support selection and specification of electrical and electronics components
- Conduct, coordinate and track electrical/electronic hardware failure analysis, root cause investigation and corrective implementation
- Perform technical design review within the organization and with customers at concept, design validation and production sign-off stages
- Utilize/develop low level embedded software for early-stage design verification and troubleshooting
- Lead electronics team in organizing CAD component library
- Manage electronics related technical documentation
- In-depth understanding of BLDC motor commutation and control theory
- In-depth understanding of basic DC/DC power converter(s) physics and applications
- In-depth understanding of power electronic components physics, simulation models and applications, including TVS, Zener diodes, Schottky diodes, BJTs, power MOSFETs
- Proficient in one of the following simulation software: PSpice, LTSpice, MATLAB Simulink
- Proficient in circuit schematic capture/PCB layout design CAD software (preferably Altium Designer)
- Good understanding of PCB manufacturing process and design for manufacturability
- Familiar in embedded system software design (preferably Microchip’s dsPIC family)
- Proficient in embedded C coding on 16-bit controller
- Familiar with assembly coding
- Hands-on experience in vehicle communication system including but not limited to CAN, LIN, SPI, both applications and implementation on the embedded software level
- Proficient in technical documentation using one of the following tools: Microsoft Office, LaTex
- Preferably being able to communicate in Mandarin with China team
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or above) in Electrical Engineering or related engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of progressive electronic/electrical components, circuits and systems design engineering experience in the automotive or related industry
- 5+ years of electrical/electronic circuit simulation and control analysis, preferably on automotive electrical power systems
- 5+ years of electronic embedded system hardware and software controls experience in the automotive or related industry
- 5+ years of automotive electronics printed circuit board manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing activities