To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Whitehouse Station, NJ
- Phone: (732) 272-0307
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Billing Customer Service Representative
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Billing Customer Service Representative
Location: Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889
Duration: 6 Months
Type: Hourly contract (on W2 basis only without benefits)
Category: CL/ADMIN: Customer Service Rep (CPCM)
Req Notes: Hours: Must train on first shift for several weeks 9 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m. , then will be moved to 11:30am-8pm schedule. Down the road, as earlier shifts become available, it may be possible to move to an earlier shift of 8am to 4:30pm, 9am to 5:30pm, 10am to 6:30pm or 11am to 7:30pm. No guarantee on time frame for earlier shift, so must be OK with late shift long-term.
Contract to Perm position.
- Must have customer service experience.
- Call centre experience preferred, but not required.
- Billing, finance/accounting, insurance experience valued but not required.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, strong typing skills and be comfortable working with dual monitors and multiple proprietary systems at the same time.
- Must be tech savvy as they will be trained to assist clients navigate their website.
- Must have math aptitude.
- Must have good business judgement and analytical skills.
- Must be able to be sensitive to upset callers and remain professional.
- Comfortable answer 60 - 100 calls per day.
- Must be very well spoken as they will be interacting with their personal lines clients (no slang, very polished communicators only.)
- The Billing Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing a superior customer experience and service to internal and external customers.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- The incumbent must have the ability to handle a high volume of telephone inquiries while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- The Representative will serve as a resource for answering questions via phone and email and for initiating research when necessary, to advocate for the client and to help drive One Call Resolution.
- Additionally, the incumbent will serve as the point of contact between customers and other departments within Chubb, including the units within Billing Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Representative must be flexible to work between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
Competencies/Technical Skills Required:
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to handle assigned projects
- Ability to remain calm and be responsive to customers in difficult or complex situations
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to an array of customers via phone and email
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and negotiation skills
- Accepts accountability and demonstrates good business judgement
- Ability to work independently while supporting the department's goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to think strategically and offer innovative solutions that positively impact business results
- Ability to learn new technologies, workflows and system upgrades quickly and efficiently
- Aptitude to troubleshoot system-related issues to identify potential technical or application problems
- Candidate must be PC and Internet Savvy and competent
- Call centre experience preferred
- Billing experience a plus
- Additional knowledge of Microsoft applications and Outlook is beneficial