To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
220 West Union Avenue
Bound Brook, NJ 08805
- Dana DePace
- Phone: (732)560-1700
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Somerset Savings Bank • Bound Brook, NJ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Greet customers, answers questions and directs customers to appropriate party.Provide friendly and efficient customer service.
- Handle telephone calls.
- Process banking transactions including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, check item redemption; accepts payments for loans, safe deposit rentals and clubs.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Process customer orders for traveler’s checks, money orders and cashier’s checks.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer daily.
- Prepare proof sheet at end of shift.
- Has working knowledge of bank products and services.
- Actively participates in the Bank’s Sales program, suggesting and selling products and services to new and existing customers face-to-face, by telephone or by mail.
- Be familiar with and adhere to banking regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Maintain work area in a neat and well-stocked manner.
- May be responsible for assuring daily proof and upkeep of ATM.
- Responsible for performing Branch Capture functions.
- Maintain current knowledge of all position related procedures and compliance.
- Comply with all Bank issued policies, including, but not limited to, the Information Security/Cybersecurity Policy, Acceptable Use Policy and Internet Access and E-Mail Use Policy, and any other Information Security and/or Cybersecurity communications/directives received from Management.
- Satisfactorily complete all required training.
- Proficiently read, write and speak the English language.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management necessary to maintain an efficiently run office, including cross-training in other Department or Bank functions.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be able to travel to Bank or other locations for job related functions.
Somerset Savings Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Each business day, the
Floating Teller will be scheduled in one of our 7 Branch locations: Bound Brook; Middlesex
Borough, Somerville, Raritan Borough, Manville, Whitehouse, Flemington. Must be able to travel to assigned Bank locations.
Hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, & Wednesdays 8:30-3:45* (must be able to work until 6:15 in the event of short staffing); Thursdays & Fridays 8:00-4:00 or 6:15 (alternating weeks). Saturdays 8:00-1:15
Full Time Benefits: Medical & Dental Insurance; Paid Time Off; 401(k) & Pension retirement plans; 10 paid Bank holidays; additional compensation for Saturday hours worked, reimbursed mileage.
Pre-Employment: PC based skills test, credit check, references, criminal check, drug screen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Successfully completed or actively in progress to complete a high school diploma or equivalent.
Cashier, customer service and sales experience helpful.
- Efficient use of a desktop Personal Computer (PC)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment operation
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with colleagues and customers
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times
- Knowledge of US currency denominations
- Ability to work independently
- Exercise good judgment
- Ability to reason
- Attention to detail