Combine your faith with your career at EWTN!
LOCATION: Irondale, AL (not remote eligible)
The IT Support Technician II is responsible for the set-up and maintenance of hardware and software, including the following OS platforms: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, and latest Mac OS. Will provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the EWTN Network Environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware, mobile devices, Windows 7 & 10 OS, Office 2013/2016 and other authorized desktop applications and peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide direct end user assistance where required
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain, and upgrade hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, scanners and cell phones) to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers, and any other authorized peripheral equipment unless prohibited by existing customer warranties
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to client personal computers (PCs) or laptops that have authorized access to the network
- Anticipate trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems, and support requests.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software
- Clean and repair computer hardware, such as keyboards and printers.
- Use approved tools and methodologies to image, copy and configure systems for deployment
- Familiarize and train end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems (tickets) assigned
- Maintain adequate knowledge of approved operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support
- Maintain and consistently demonstrate a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Information Services.
- Minimum of 3-year experience with PC hardware and operating systems including installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Physically able to handle equipment (ability to lift up to 50 lbs.)
- Above average analytical, technical and oral/written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and other software programs needed to complete task assigned.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks accurately to meet deadlines
- Must present positive & professional image.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- End User friendly attitude with a passion for information services support
- Ability to setup and support Macintosh Hardware/Software a plus
- Desire to continue education or self/education in the computer technology area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and EWTN’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Associates’ with 3 years’ Support Technician experience.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, retirement plan with employer match, CDU Educational assistance, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.
EWTN does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Complex Problem Solving