To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Maggie Brawner
- Phone: 312-729-8053
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager - Non-Profit
Baker Tilly Search & Staffing, LLC • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Accounting Manager – Non-Profit
Our client is a leading and well-established non-profit organization that is currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. This position will give the right person the ability to get involved with the company’s mission and add value. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing accounting and finance functions of the company. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Accounting Manager will record and analyze the company’s financial information.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Manage budget and forecasting activities for financial statements and grant administration.
- Ensure monthly bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Respond to inquiries from executive management and other managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Supervise general ledger, A/P and A/R to ensure all financial activity and reporting deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist the CFO with year-end financial audit.
- Assist with the preparation of annual tax return and state tax return.
- Advise organizational staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- The Accounting Manager will develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed and conduct performance reviews.
- Other duties and special projects as needed.
- The Accounting Manager will have 5-7+ years’ accounting experience. Non-profit experience required.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products. Experience with non-profit ERP accounting systems required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- The Accounting Manager will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA required.
Equal Opportunity Employer