To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5901 Research Park Boulevard
Madison, WI 53719
- Stacy Hess
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Technician II
Advanced Assembly • Madison, WI
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Advanced Assembly Inc., located in University Research Park on the west side of Madison, is looking to add a Manufacturing Technician II to our well-trained and experienced staff. Our new 105,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art manufacturing plant is designed for optimal efficiency and quality in high-performance electronic assembly. For over 15 years, Advanced Assembly's exceptional reputation has been earned through manufacturing electronic assemblies for companies such as Motorola, AT&T and British Telecom.
This full time position (40 hours per week), offers a 1st shift schedule of 6:00am to 2:30pm, Monday-Friday (with over time as needed), a competitive starting wage, a full benefits package, and a casual work environment.
Advanced Assembly has a proven track record of stability, growth and providing advancement opportunities. If you have an interest in working in a high tech manufacturing environment, while learning, developing and advancing your career in a skilled trade, we highly recommend you to apply!
Job Description: The Manufacturing Technician takes ownership of their products and reviews, creates, and implements manufacturing processes and documentation. This position also performs root cause analysis in the manufacturing area for non-conformances and recommends process improvements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time).
- Provide total product and process ownership
- Review labor variances and assist in corrective actions
- Define product assembly processes and flow
- Manage production non-conformances in a timely manner
- Drive continuous improvement activities
- Create innovative and efficient processes and solutions
- Write and implement deviations, drawings and instructions
- Utilize 5S+1 and Lean mentality in all daily activities
- Directly support theLean Manufacturing Team by using a “hands on" approach; assisting and utilizing multiple tools from the Lean Principle Tool Box.
- Recommend and assist in the design of process related tooling
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by primary supervisor
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Process, or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent studies is required
- Positive attitude with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bi-lingual skills are a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Engineering Technician experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience of PCBA related processes, soldering (SMT and Thru-Hole), repair, testing, programming, etc.
- Knowledge of IPC Workmanship Standards and ISO Quality Standards are preferred
- Understand and observe safe production practices and comply with ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) guidelines at all times
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs frequently and 50lbs occasionally
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, genetic identity and any other status protected by federal, state or local law and regulation.