To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Michael Craft
- Phone: (805) 253-3246
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Expert Staffing West • Santa Barbara, CA
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Design, develop, implement and improve manufacturing and supplier processes to produce cost effective and quality medical device products. Lead process development for yield improvement and cost reduction activities. Manage the process for the efficient transfer of product designs to manufacturing. Recognized as the go-to technical manufacturing resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a continuous improvement culture, skill sets, and tools to enhance quality and operational excellence by leading process improvement and lean initiatives.
- Champion new projects and be the Project Leader for key improvement initiatives, identifying best practices by leading multi-functional project teams to facilitate new products into manufacturing.
- Develop action plans to achieve short and long-range efficiency goals
- Develop new production methods, design assembly fixtures using SolidWorks and perform IQ OQ PQ to qualify new equipment.
- Responsible for manufacturing bills of material, process documentation tracking / monitoring and reporting upon process yields and failure root cause investigations.
- Develop manufacturing Work Instructions. Provide daily process support on manufacturing issues.
- Design tooling and fixturing to support process improvements for medical device manufacturing
- Evaluate and approve engineering changes, develop protocols and write process validation documents.
- Establish process flow diagrams, process layouts, develop TAKT and touch labor standards.
- Facilitate Kaizen events targeting key improvements to drive productivity improvement projects
- Drives automation to replace manual processes based upon Return On Investment calculations
- Apply statistical methods to manufacturing process data to drive process improvements projects.
- Ability to supervise, assign, and coordinate the work of others as appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 7 years of relevant Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Proven experience in work flow optimization, yield tracking, new product introduction
- Proficient at driving Failure Analysis and Root Cause Determination with effective solutions
- Medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Process improvement training (Lean, Six Sigma) preferred.
- Proven Project Management skills to manage projects to timely completion
- Ability to analyze data collected using statistical methods and related software programs
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experienced using MS Office Suite, SolidWorks and production simulation software.
- Experienced in compiling technical documentation in a regulated industry.