To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
308 Route 38
Moorestown, NJ 08057
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Temporary Customer Service Rep - 3/2 Start
Navient • Moorestown, NJ
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Navient is seeking talented customer service representatives for at least a 2-3 month assignment assisting New Jersey taxpayers in learning about, and applying for, Property Tax Relief programs. We offer an hourly rate plus a project completion bonus, and possibility of full-time employment.
Position: Temporary Customer Service Representative
Start Date: March 2nd
Hours: Training- First 2 weeks; Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Regular Schedule- 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Pay Rate: $11.10 /hr. PLUS an additional $1 per hour worked when the contract is complete!
The Customer Service Representative will effectively communicate with taxpayers on behalf of the State of New Jersey, on qualifications and guidelines related to the Property Tax Relief programs.
1. Answering calls for the State of New Jersey Hotline related to Property Tax Relief
* Answer questions from taxpayers related to filing deadlines and eligibility
for Property Tax Relief.
* Answer questions, and assist callers, on how to file applications.
* Learn and maintain an acute understanding of all Property Tax Relief programs.
* Insure taxpayers' non-public information is kept secure and confidential.
* Communicate approved responses to taxpayers within state guidelines/ability to read from a script.
* Communicate dollar amounts of calculated benefits/reimbursements.
* Advise taxpayers of dates in which their reimbursements/benefits are scheduled for credit or to be mailed out.
* Communicate to taxpayers what address their checks are mailed to.
* Provide verbal support to frustrated or angry taxpayers to deescalate call and move to solution.
2. Correcting errors on application filed with the State of New Jersey
* Gather correct info from taxpayers and fill out referrals or make
corrections to accounts.
* Review and analysis of taxpayer's applications for completion and accuracy.
* Tactfully problem solve to achieve desired results using decision-making skills.
3. Adjusting State's records and simplifying filing process for taxpayers
* Communicate basic process information to taxpayers filing tax applications
with the State.
* Assist taxpayers with calculating taxable and non-taxable income.
* Adjust taxpayers' addresses in the State's system to reflect current data.
* Order paper applications for taxpayers who request them.
* High School Diploma
* Passing marks on all New Jersey Department of Revenue testing
* PC experience in a windows environment
* Basic keyboarding skills
* Previous sales or Customer service experience