To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicagoland Sururb, IL
- TONJA SOMMERS RED SKY Consulting - CYBERSECURITY STAFFING
- Phone: 714-636-3087
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VULNERABILITY SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER
RED SKY Consulting • Chicagoland Sururb, IL
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vulnerability Management - System Engineer
Bottom line – “in a nutshell”
- Experience in Vulnerability patching, with scripting experience.
- If they have cybersecurity experience it’s a plus, not required.
- Need to help him stay on top of threats, analysis.
- The Security Analyst (Vulnerability Management) works to protect data and system integrity with approved vulnerability scanning.
- This position reports to the Vulnerability Management Department Manager.
- Oversight is achieved by monitoring and investigating potential security vulnerabilities and threats as reported by FRB’s security tools; performing security data analytics; identifying and addressing potential data loss channels; and staying apprised of potential security challenges through the gathering and processing of cyber intelligence.
- The position will work closely with other Network Security Engineers and Information Services personnel to ensure appropriate controls are in place, and to ensure that security policies are being effectively employed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Information Security Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Responsible for configuring vulnerability assessment tools, as well as performing scans, researching and analyzing vulnerabilities, identifying relevant threats, corrective action recommendations, summarizing and reporting results.
- Approaches for addressing vulnerabilities include system patching, deployment of specialized controls, code or infrastructure changes, and changes in development processes.
- Identify and resolve any false positive findings in assessment results.
Information Security Threat and Vulnerability
- Reporting Produce metrics and reporting on the state of system security, threat, vulnerability and patch management.
- Analyze data sources and recommend optimal data sources to provide relevant reporting.
Provide IT Governance metrics and reporting
- Oversee Remediation Activities:
- Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible technology developers and support teams.
- Recommend appropriate policy, standards, process and procedural updates as part of comprehensive remediation solutions.
- Validate remediation by reviewing application updates or deployed mitigations to verify resolution.
- Stakeholder Consulting:
- Provide security consulting services, as needed, to various projects.
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders who own and support applications, IT infrastructure, and operations. Gain commitment from stakeholders and project teams to implement recommended security controls.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or a minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in performing vulnerability assessments
- Technical network (e.g. CCNA, CCNP Security) and security certifications highly desirable
- Understanding of controls (e.g. access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
- Must be well versed in operating systems such as Linux as well as Windows environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network based scanners).
- Experience using Nessus and/or Retina as the primary vulnerability scanners
- A solid understanding of network design and architecture
- Experience in scripting and powershell
- Expert understanding of the OSI model and TCP/IP
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH A FIRST-CLASS COMPANY
RED SKY Career Opportunities at: http://redsky-consulting.com/career-portal/#/jobs
RED SKY Consulting Candidate and Client Referral Program!
Do you know other IT professionals?
Turn those relationships into Moneiy (misspelled intentionally) & help friends get work
RED SKY Consulting is offering a fantastic opportunity for you to earn extra moneiy.
If you refer to us a Manager of people or skilled professionals, we will link your name to that person for 18 months.
If we employ or place that individual or place people into that company thru that manager
then we will pay 2500!