To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1411 West Edgerton Avenue
Illinois / Wisconsin Border, WI 53221
- TONJA SOMMERS RED SKY Consulting - CYBERSECURITY STAFFING
- Phone: 714-636-3087
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CYBERSECURITY / Associate Manager - Incident Response (CSIRT)
RED SKY Consulting • Illinois / Wisconsin Border, WI
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Associate Manager, Security Response
The group a combination of security operations and c-cert (computer security response team) Basics: experience in jobs, tools, about them. Any experience with incidence response.
- This new Associate Manager will be a utility player; will have experience with variety tool sets (Vulcan scanner, sims, security event managers)
- Penetration test tools= BURP, Metisploit, Command line Kung fu, Medtisspolity (rapid 7 owns)
- PM – DLP (Data Loss Prevention Project) = high visibility
- Legal and governance, security and possibility of building a data loss prevention system.
- Focus- experience with cybersecurity tools. Understand the concepts. No button pusher. Think through and apply concepts and be willing investigate tools and make them work for us. No specific industry. Cyber-security, tools, process knowledge
- Trouble shooting mind -set
- Tools changes – when we have a security incident what do you do first and second.
- Need someone who can be a threat hunter and hunt and investigate and be a back up to a SOC. Security Operations Center. “Operations” team when there is a big problem.
- Biggest challenge the breadth of everything they will need to understand and how to put the pieces together. Need to know the logs and tools are, where to look.
- Initial challenge= how everything is configured. What role you will take indifferent tool sets and put into practice. Phased challenge
- *Not going to be just following a recipe from a run book. Creating run book and processes.
- There is autotomy in this role. Someone who can work independently.
- May pay partial relocation
- No bonus / Company pays Profit sharing
Associate Manager, Security Response
The Senior Associate, Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) is a hands-on role that requires a high level of technical expertise. The person in this position is responsible for a broad range of tasks, including the day-to-day administration of information security tools and devices, as well as support for security appliances and tools, and may include significant responsibilities for the security administration of a wide variety of systems across the enterprise.
As a member of the Security Response Team, this position interacts closely with vendors and service providers, with personnel from various IT departments including Application Development, Infrastructure & Operations, as well as with business departments. In-depth knowledge of operating systems and security applications, as well as a working knowledge of basic network protocols and tools is also required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform threat and vulnerability assessments, in some cases followed by appropriate remedial action, to ensure that systems are protected from known and potential threats and are free from known vulnerabilities
- Apply patches where appropriate and, at the direction of the Manager, Security Response Manager, remove or otherwise mitigate known control weaknesses, such as unnecessary services or applications, as a means of hardening systems in accordance with security policies and standards
- Locate and repair security problems and failures
- Collate security incident and event data to produce monthly exception and management reports
- Report unresolved network security exposures, misuse of resources or noncompliance situations using defined escalation processes
- Assist and train junior team members in the use of security tools, the preparation of security reports and the resolution of security issues
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Research, recommend, evaluate and implement information security solutions that identify and/or protect against potential threats, and respond to security violations
- Assist with internal and external investigations
- Respond to and, where appropriate, resolve or escalate reported security incidents
- Monitor system logs, SIEM tools and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret such activity and make recommendations for resolution
- Investigate and resolve security violations by providing postmortem analysis to illuminate the issues and possible solutions
- Participate in infrastructure projects to develop, plan, and implement specifications for network and distributed system security technologies in support of key information systems
- Assist in the management of security tools and appliances
- Implement or coordinate remediation required by audits, and document exceptions as necessary
- Perform system and application vulnerability testing, participate in enterprise testing and assessment activities as needed
- Research threats and vulnerabilities and, where appropriate, act to mitigate threats and remediate vulnerabilities
- Review, assess, and mitigate penetration tests and vulnerability assessments on information systems and infrastructure
- Recommend, schedule and/or apply fixes, security patches and any other measures required in the event of a security breach
- Monitor security vulnerability information from vendors and third parties
- Perform installation and configuration management of security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances and host-based security systems
- 5 years’ IT security experience
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, or related field
- CISSP preferred
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, and incident response
- Technical proficiency with security-related systems and applications
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security procedures
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and associated network protocols and concepts
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective security incident and problem resolution
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT-business personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, provides a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security procedures.
Associate Manager, Security Response
“The company” is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH A FIRST-CLASS COMPANY
RED SKY Career Opportunities at: http://redsky-consulting.com/career-portal/#/jobs
RED SKY Consulting Candidate and Client Referral Program!
Do you know other IT professionals?
Turn those relationships into Moneiy (misspelled intentionally) & help friends get work
RED SKY Consulting is offering a fantastic opportunity for you to earn extra moneiy.
If you refer to us a Manager of people or skilled professionals, we will link your name to that person for 18 months.
If we employ or place that individual or place people into that company thru that manager
then we will pay 2500!