To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Retail Sales Support Manager
Bob's Discount Furniture • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Retail Sales Support Managers are professionals within the Bob’s Discount Furniture organization and play a vital role by ensuring that Stores provide an exceptional customer experience while fostering sales in accordance with The Bob’s Way to both internal and external customers. Retail Sales Support Managers are expected to perform and behave in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s core values and vision.
The primary function of The Retail Sales Support Manager is to manage the daily operations of a Bob’s Retail Office, Café and Bob’s Way to Pay programs; inclusive of recruiting, hiring, maintaining staffing levels and scheduling to meet the needs of the business. Additionally, The Retail Sales Support Manager serves as an active liaison to Bob’s Acceptance Now partners; championing the Bob’s Way to Pay inclusive of training, tracking and driving ancillary revenue by identifying and leveraging successful selling behaviors according to Company guidelines.
The Retail Sales Support Manager drives tactical compliance on all Office metrics to include but not limited to; Cash Management, Team Management, Customer Experience expectations, Payroll processing, coordination of logistics and successfully drives Point of Purchase Sales. The Retail Sales Support Manager will also assist in Sales Floor Management when necessary and is a key carrying Manager that will provide opening, closing and MOD support.
The Retail Sales Support Manager takes an active role in conducting Store-level Human Resource function to include: performance management, new Team member orientation, tracks and maintains employee statuses and oversees all pertinent maintenance of personnel records. The Retail Sales Support Manager is a primary contact for Store Management and Home Office Departments including Human Resources/Payroll, Customer Care, Store Operations and Delivery
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee compliance of all operational/security polices, guidelines and practices as they relate to the Retail Office, Café and Bob’s Way to Pay
- Manage schedules and determine required staffing levels to effectively manage the business
- Interview, hire and train Retail Sales Support Associates
- Engage in one-on-one feedback sessions ensuring effective interactive communication, personal growth and departmental goal alignment
- Provide weekly Communication updates to Management Team
- Motivate Retail Sales Support, Café and Acceptance Now Teams through meaningful and inspirational daily/weekly meetings
- Work with ANOW partners in identifying Talent, trends and provide tracking information
- Maintain all required records according to Company Policy
- Meet Retail Sales Support Goals as set forth by the Company; i.e.; Mystery Shops, Point of Purchase Sales
- Ensure Retail Sales Support Associates are leveraging all sales opportunities
- Responsible for managing all legal tender transactions
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead and manage people
- Ability to display analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to use sound judgment and practice sound decision making
- Ability to actively listen, communicate effectively and utilize communication tools appropriately
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Proven ability to effectively manage one's own time and the time of others
- Proven ability to identify root cause and manage and improve process
- Ability to set clear goals and expectations
- Reports to: Store Manager (varies by volume and location)
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred
- 3 years minimum successful Customer Service Experience
- 5 years minimum Management experience preferred
- Retail and Sales experience preferred
It is policy of Bob’s Discount Furniture, LLC, to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against or harassed because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other protected status in accordance with federal and state law and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position.