To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Teterboro - Teterboro Airport, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant/Human Resources
AFCO AvPorts Management LLC • Teterboro - Teterboro Airport, NJ
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY: Responsible to the Manager, Airport Services for the administration functions of the Project.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate, collect and prepare all airport activity reports and various airport informational surveys and statistics.
- Handle highly confidential material including but not limited to employee wages, benefits, workers’ compensation information and union matters.
- Act as secretary to the Manager, Airport Services, and types various material of more than average difficulty from clean copy or rough draft using word processing software.
- Oversee the project’s filing systems and ensure effectiveness of the same.
- As required, monitors agreement schedules and assists with tracking of insurance requirements.
- Order office supplies and execute purchase orders for goods and/or services.
- Direct and handle all incoming and outgoing correspondences and packages. Determine priority and method of sending outgoing correspondences (e.g. USPS, UPS, Federal Express, facsimile, etc.).
- Directly answers routine correspondences.
- Answer, screen and handle telephone calls and emails, respond to inquiries, greet visitors and direct customers as needed.
- As required, coordinate meetings, schedules, and seminar attendance, travel and lodging arrangements.
- Coordinate charitable endeavors with various external parities.
- Act as Human Resources Coordinator for the project; maintain confidential personnel records, payroll, sick and vacation records via hard copy and electronic files.
- File WC Claims with third party provider, process STD, FMLA, LTD, and WC paperwork.
- Oversee time and attendance system including but limited to system set-up of all employees.
- Oversee and handle administration of recurring payroll.
- Compile employee expense reports.
- Coordinate recruitment activities, arrange for pre-employment screening and coordinate onboarding activities.
- Maintain professional currency in the Company’s benefit programs and briefs employees.
- Operate Company vehicle to execute local purchases of equipment, make deliveries to airport tenants, local township offices, banks, US Post office and delivery service vendors.
- As assigned, manage and handle internal quality audits.
- Assist the airport accounting office, as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of office automation equipment and procedures with a high level of proficiency in the airport’s computer systems.
- Responsible for maintaining customer contact through positive lines of communication. Professionally representing the Company through frequent, meaningful contact with customers using tact and poise.
- Responsible for other job related tasks and projects, as may be directed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- General secretarial skills, including capturing and transcribing meeting minutes word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Must have demonstrated administrative capabilities.
- Ability to control, protect and track confidential information.
- Able to coordinate, organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities when confronted with conflicting priorities and/or unexpected situations.
- Ability to effectively handle and meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a complex environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite© with ability to learn newly introduced programs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion, if requested.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and sustain a valid driver’s license in the person’s state of residence and maintain driver record compatible with Company’s insurance company’s criteria. Driver’s license must be issued from a state in which person resides and commutes to and from work.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment, including contributing to our Safety Management System and Quality Management System registered to ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001 or related standard.
- Ability to continuously pass security background and driver record checks.
- Ability to perform the duties of this classification.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Minimum education required: Associates Degree
Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree
Three (3) years’ experience in office administration and/or secretarial duties.
Experience in transcription and use of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Experience and/or knowledge in human resource matters and related governmental regulations.
Ability to add, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle to feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.