To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
- Melody Simmonds
- Phone: (315) 336-3306
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assured Information Security, Inc. • Baltimore, MD
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The SecureView Government (SVG) team is seeking a Deployment Engineerwho would be responsible for the deployment, field support, and help desk support of SecureView accredited cross domain software. The Deployment Engineer will have responsibility for all aspects of the deployment from the initial customer engagement, planning, installation, accreditation test, and follow on customer support.
This position is for a support and deployment engineer for the SecureView product working out of our headquarters in Rome, NY or other AIS office supporting the SVG team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Single point responsibility for the deployment of accredited versions of SV hardware and software into U.S. government organizations, networks and facilities. For many of these customers, a DOD security clearance will be required for access to the facility.
- Work with a team of technical professionals and end users to fulfill the mission and execute the contracts for SecureView deployment and related tasks to include architecture design and review, cabling requirements, server installs, IT staging, deployment, site testing/acceptance, and quality control.
- Understand the end users expectations and effectively manages customer needs scope creep, and desires of the deployment team to assure compliance and balance.
- Conduct site surveys and installs of IT infrastructure at CONUS and OCONUS customer sites
- Effectively plans and oversees deployments. A working familiarity with both Spiral and Agile program planning approaches are needed based on the specific effort and ability to balance the varying needs. Monitor deployment activities to effectively monitor and mitigate risk as well as gather metrics and lessons learned to help with future planning and costing efforts.
- Assist with obtaining hardware/software quotes, and developing vendor partnering programs.
- Serve as primary interface to the government customer for planning, execution, coordination and closeout of all deployment activities for your assigned customer.
- Be knowledgeable of issues related to system installs in Intelligence community and DOD intelligence sites, including site sensitivities and highly demanding user and site managers.
Preferred Education, Experience and Abilities
- Experience deploying IT solutions software in DOD/IC facilities CONUS and OCONUS
- Strong familiarity with cross domain systems, virtualization and VDI environments
- Familiarity with commercial network solutions (Cisco, Aruba, etc.)
- Familiar with RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Familiar with VDI environments (Citrix, VMWare)
The SVG team is focused on building and deploying a world class cross domain solution that many agencies can use to access their mission critical information and reduce the number of workstations they require to perform their daily operations duties. SecureView is a hardened client hosted virtualization solution that enables independent and concurrent access to multiple security domains from a single user workstation, with supporting server management software. SecureView is one of the hottest new MILS solutions in DOD/IC and is accredited at PL4. SV is based on state of the art edge hypervisor technology and OpenXT.
Security Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. citizen. Applications selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, and 3+ years of experience performing IT deployments or service delivery contracts in an end user/customer environment, as well as at least 2 years of experience with the following:
- Working directly with and supporting end users in an IC environment.
- Computer network design and computer network security
- Implementing and staffing IT deployment teams, operations, help desks and other customer support functions
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a Top Secret/SCI secuirty clearance
- Ability to travel as required (estimate 50% to 75% of time, but variable depending on customer needs)
- Familiar with IC and DoD IT infrastructures
- Familiar with networking (TCP-IP, VPNs, Firewalls, etc.)
- IT related skill base
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a working knowledge of MS Suite including MS Project to effectively plan and manage team efforts.
- Broad experience in computer and network systems security
- Solid analytical/problem solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems
- High level of motivation; self-starter; results driven