To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Rubi H, Recruiter
- Phone: 281-664-6515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
TPI Staffing, Inc. • Houston, TX
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Buyer--Houston, Texas 77073
This is a temp- to-hire position in the Northwest Houston area. This is a first shift position with hours from 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM. This position pays $18.00 - $24.00/hr. As Purchasing Agent, you must have an in-depth knowledge of supply chain best practices and operations. You must possess the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and rely on experience, hard work and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and ultimately save the company money by creative purchasing practices. This key person will also perform all purchasing functions to include effective sourcing and procurement of all products and services for the company. You will also ensure that inventory levels are maintained at desired levels and that all products are of good quality and shipped on a timely basis.
- First and foremost, negotiate best possible price, terms and delivery schedules.
- The selection and management of suppliers approved by company policy and guidelines.
- Maintaining accuracy of purchase order data: including items, quantities, due dates, special instructions and terms and conditions and receipt dates.
- Ensure product delivery according to project scheduling and convey such to all related parties.
- Maintain inventory at desired levels.
- Utilizing "Just in Time Purchasing" measures to synchronize product deliveries and production schedule.
- Process material requisitions and issue purchase orders in accounting system according to quotes, sales orders and contracts.
- Identify savings opportunities and work with production and sales to confirm and implement such savings.
- Continuous improvement and establishing key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to performance against goals.
- Ensure that all products are of good quality and meet company standards.
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to ensure timely, accurate and complete paper flow, material shipping and receiving; job completion and payables and receivables processing.
- Resolving problems with supplier delivery dates, receipt transactions and invoice discrepancies.
- Keeping Management informed of whereabouts of material at all times
- Maintaining open communications with representatives for respective suppliers on such matters as product availability, shipping requirements, lead-times and forecasted needs.
- Maintaining proper and accurate documentation on: Vendors, Product specifications, MSDS - requirements
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of purchasing experience in manufacturing, must have raw materials knowledge.
- Positive, self-motivated attitude and willing to work hard to accomplish personal and company objectives.
- Very strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of contracts.
- Ability to work in small to medium size company environment where both speed, multi-tasking and accuracy are critically important.
- Strong customer service orientation and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy while at the same time identifying opportunities to save money and getting the best price for the company.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel.
- Excellent people skills are required. Must have the ability to be self-managed and work in a team environment.
- Prefer bilingual English/ Spanish.
walk ins are welcome, M-F, 10AM-3PM, at 21840 Northwest Freeway, Suite E, Cypress, TX 77429. Bring updated resume and two valid forms of ID to be considered!!!