To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4578 East Park 30 Drive
Columbia City, IN 46725
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Columbia City, IN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ultra Electronics, USSI designs and manufactures products and provides engineering services under three business areas: undersea products, audio products, and power management/fuel cell products.
Based in Columbia City, Indiana, USSI is an industry leader in the development and production of advanced electronic, electro-mechanical, and hydro-acoustic sensors, including sonobuoys, and sensor systems for military, homeland security, and commercial applications. USSI also designs and manufactures communications equipment for integration into personal protective gear for firefighters and first responders as well as acoustic hailing products, which provide unparalleled fidelity long range voice communications and large area mass notification.
At our Ann Arbor, Michigan, office, USSI designs and manufactures next generation power management technology and solutions for military and commercial/remote industrial applications using propane-powered solid oxide fuel cell systems.
This Electrical Engineer will support Q53G and Q101 production, work design and RF issues, lead or participate in all 8D failure analysis and corrective action efforts for electrical related defects (both internal and external), and will support all engineering and LAT (lot acceptance test) activities for the two programs. The Electrical Engineer will support the Program Manager to meet schedule, quality and cost expectations for production programs. The Electrical Engineer must work regularly with Design, Operations, Test Engineering and other support staff to develop and implement continuous improvement activities related to electrical design, obsolete parts elimination, test station optimization and product performance. The Electrical Engineer will also shadow senior engineers over the next 8-12 months to learn Q53 CO, CSO and DIFAR design.
- Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a security clearance at the SECRET level.
- BSEE/BSEET or equivalent B.S. degree with 0-10 years experience and strong technical skills, or M.S. degree with manufacturing support experience.
- Require strong skills in design analysis and design for manufacturing.
- Must work well in team environment with good communication skills.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in MS Office.
- Must have good analytical skills especially when driving to root cause while completing failure analysis, or when determining best approach for circuit re-design to eliminate obsolete or end-of-life components.
- Must be willing and physically able to travel to various test sites and supplier locations.
- Matlab, Labview, Java or other software experience is desirable,
- Green belt certified or trained.
- RF experience would be beneficial.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $74,000
For more information about the Fort Wayne area, please visit: www.yourstorymadehere.com
Ultra Electronics – USSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, you are encouraged to contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. The law requires this employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information. Applicants to and employees of this employer are protected under Federal law from discrimination on the following bases: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.