To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baton Rouge, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LaPorte CPAs and Business Advisors • Baton Rouge, LA
Posted 28 days ago
• Executing the day-to-day activities of audit engagements of various clients
• Conducting audits and other engagements using a team approach to coordinate and manage the inclusion of tax and other advisory team members on the engagement
• Efficiently manages fellow assurance team members, primarily on financial statement audits, from planning the engagement, coordinating with client, timely review of team members work, and timely reviews of team members engagement performance
• Maintaining long-term focus on client relationships by maintaining client contact with appropriate individuals throughout the year
• Ensuring compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Identifying and communicating accounting and auditing matters to managers and partners
• Recognizing opportunities to provide additional services to new or existing clients
• Preparing complex financial reports, including statements, footnotes, supplemental information and all other client deliverables
• Researching a complex accounting topic and forming a conclusion to be reviewed by an appropriate team member and presented before the client
• Coaching and developing fellow staff members, including interns and through senior associates
• Assisting in the development and training of new staff
• Recruiting for future staff hires
Credentials & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA certification preferred
• 2-5 years of public accounting experience with a national or regional firm
• Public accounting experience within an Assurance Department at either the Staff or Senior level
Knowledge & Skills
• Working knowledge of GAAP, SAS, and audit procedures
• Proficiency with computer audit applications and technology
• Strong communication skills, oral and written, so that client interactions are handled with professionalism and with a sense of wanting to help the client succeed
• Ability to handle multiple engagements simultaneously, while maintaining consistency and accuracy
• Ability to successfully interact with staff as well as clients’ internal accounting staff and business owners
• Willingness to participate in Firm activities that contribute to the community through philanthropic efforts
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
•Presentation skills necessary to confidently present at an audit committee meeting, industry or trade association and for an office event
•To accommodate the needs of clients, 20-30% time will be spent traveling.