Business Analyst- SQL
We are seeking a Business Analyst with strong SQL experience for an innovative software company. This person will be responsible for leveraging their experience working with data sets and visualization tools for report development. You will partner with business users to develop and determine report requirements. From there, you will work with the database teams as needed to develop the reports and finally, test the quality before development.
You will be tasked with creating analytic and reporting solutions as needed by the business. To do so, you will partner with decision makers, system owners, and end users to define the requirements and goals. You will ensure the quality assurance to guarantee superior customer satisfaction.
At times, you will have the opportunity to lead the design sessions in the prototyping of new systems that will lead to efficiencies in business processes, operations, and information process flow. Your recommendations will be vital to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reporting capabilities.
This client is an enterprise company with multiple initiatives that will lead to continued improvements in how they service their customers, ultimately increasing market share and resulting in growth. As the Senior BI Analyst, you will be working with extremely significant data, have high visibility to senior leadership, and be regarded as an integral role in the advancement of the company.
This is a direct hire opportunity and is located in the Cumberland/Marietta area, just a short drive from the Battery!
- 3+ years strong experience as a business analyst
- Very strong SQL experience with the ability to script SQL code
- 2+ years experience developing reports and visualizations within Power BI, Tableau, Looker, or comparable tools
- Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Knowledge of data mapping and ETL definition
- Experience building reports and visualizations with basic knowledge of database design and data modeling
- Familiarity with translating requirements into test scripts
- Experience working within many facets of an enterprise- Finance, HR, Sales, etc.
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Azure Analytics technologies
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Extract Transform Load (Etl)
Sql Server Analysis Services