To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Controller for Non-profit Needed ASAP!
Creative Financial Staffing • Shelton, CT
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, located in Shelton is a very well known non-profit. They have partnered with CFS to identify a Controller to join their team on an immediate basis, as their current Controller gave there two-weeks' notice. The immediate need is on an Interim basis, however, due to the vacancy, this person will be considered for the permanent need as well. The Controller will have two direct reports, and will manage the general ledger, payroll and HR duties, and endowment accounting.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER:
- The Controller will oversee all global financial and accounting processes in all locations and in all currencies
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity, reporting systems, GAAP/IFRS standards
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Direct preparation of company forecasts and budget
- Support the CFO in engaging the Board of Directors around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Coordinate, monitor, and support taxation requirements insuring timely completion of tax returns
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
Document and understand ERP/MRP systems
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature leader with seven to ten years of treasury and finance/accounting experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders. The Controller will ideally have experience in a complex international environment.
- BS in Finance, or Accountancy, MBA is a plus
- CPA certification is a plus
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant accounting experience with at least 3 years in an accounting management capacity
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures and US GAAP
- Technology savvy with experience in managing relationships with software vendors
- Proficiency with accounting software systems, experience with Great Plaines preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to navigate a complex multi-national, multi-location, multi-currency organization in a very fast paced environment.
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: controller, controllership, comptroller, CFO, accounting manager, accounting, finance, management, CPA