To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6951 High Grove Boulevard
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Engineer - CNC Machining
Fusion OEM • Burr Ridge, IL
Posted 17 days ago
Fusion OEM is a 45-employee contract manufacturing company comprised of machinists, assemblers, and engineers who need to get things done quickly, accurately, and efficiently for our OEM clients. Our manufacturing company was recently added to the Best Small Companies in America list by Forbes Magazine . Also, we are honored to be recognized among the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago for the 5th year in a row! Take a quick tour with Davin , our Machine Shop Manager. Also, spend a couple of minutes to learn what makes our Machine Shop great .
- Interpret complex engineering drawings and written specifications of precision machined components
- Plan and optimize material flow through effective utilization of CNC equipment capacity, supplier capabilities, and material lead time as well as through leveraging outside capacity as needed
- Select methods and sequences of manufacturing operations for complex CNC machine components
- Prepare written/ graphical work instructions for production staff
- Develop proposals for methods, special tooling, and work-holding design for cost reduction, quality and process enhancement, and safety
- Be responsible for helping develop, implement, maintain, and improve standard processes, quality systems, capacity planning and scheduling systems.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes, layouts, operation methods, machines and man-hours utilized to determine excessive cost items to reduce costs
- Assist in the cost estimating and quote preparation of machined components
- Assist the engineering department in transitioning new designs into production
- Evaluate multiple potential solutions to derive the optimum solution
- Develop, maintain, and update Key Performance Indicators
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE: https://careers.hireology.com/fusionoem/160937/description
Fusion OEM offers a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and holiday pay.
This is a salaried position (exempt).
The Fusion OEM candidate evaluation process includes drug test, background check and reference checks.
Fusion OEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or related area of study required
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience within the CNC machining industry
- Experience with low volume/high component mix environment
- Knowledge of metals and plastics machining on CNC lathes and CNC mills
- Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing processes at the shop floor level based on strong knowledge of cutting tool applications, GD&T, and proficient use of precision measuring gages
- Strong understanding of cost analysis, work simplification and value stream analysis
- Proven experience within work measurement and CNC equipment capacity planning
- Must be able to recognize constraints of meeting customer needs and plan accordingly to maximize customer service and meeting deadlines
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in machining and tooling cost estimating, and quote preparation
- Knowledge of machining fixture design and CNC machine setup
- Computer skills: advanced skills MS Excel, MS SharePoint, flow charting software like Visio etc.
- Willingness to work weekends as needed
- Experience with quality management standards including ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D
- Experience with CMM inspection technologies for QA purposes
- Experienced with CNC programming (G code) Haas milling and turning equipment
- Experience in manufacturing precision components for the U.S. Department of Defense
- Knowledge of CAM Software such as Esprit
- Knowledge of CAD Software such as SolidWorks and Autodesk’s Inventor
- Familiarity with current ITAR rules and regulations
- Possesses a Certified Manufacturing Engineer Certificate (CMfgE) from SME