To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- David Smith
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Retail Sales Specialist
Icon Information Consultants • Houston, TX
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently hiring an Inside Sales Consultant (“Solar Consultant") for the Texas Residential Solar Team. As the initial point of contact for Green Mountain customers and prospects interested in going solar, the Solar Consultant’s first responsibility will be to effectively communicate mission, commitment to renewable energy and award-winning customer satisfaction. Next, you will qualify customers, based on their interests, circumstances and objectives, and advise them on which of various solar energy solutions will best meet their needs. As one of the nation’s leading retail electricity providers,
Effectively consulting consumers on solar requires a mastery of the technical aspects of solar, the ability to establish relationships with prospects and a passion to further the adoption of renewable energy. The Solar Consultant will be responsible for meeting weekly and monthly sales goals set by management. This position will report directly to Senior Manager of Residential Solar and work closely with other members of the Solar and Product Innovation teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Professionally represent and clearly convey our 20 year history in renewable energy, 15 years of experience in solar development and innovation in Texas, and a never-ending commitment to quality and customer experience.
• Qualify and manage inbound solar leads.
• Identify and position the appropriate solar energy solution, based on information provided by the customer; if prospect does not qualify for rooftop solar, appropriate electricity product should be offered.
• If prospect qualifies, design, present and sell rooftop solar systems over the phone utilizing leading-edge solar system design and proposal tools.
• Achieve and maintain periodic sales and customer experience goals.
• Periodically attend scheduled meetings with prospects to answer general questions.
• Provide general customer support.
• Exceptional sales and communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to introduce and sell innovative and complex products.
• A true desire and willingness to help customers.
• A passion for Green Mission’s mission to change the way energy is made, and the determination to make a difference.
• Dependable, driven, self-starter attracted to high-growth, entrepreneurial environments within an established, highly-successful company.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 1 – 2 years in retail sales, quota driven role with a demonstrable record of consistently exceeding goals/metrics is highly preferred.
• Experience selling energy or electricity-related solutions is a plus.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (specifically Excel) and CRM tools.
• SAP knowledge preferred.
• Strong mathematical/analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently and multi-task.
• Bilingual (Spanish) speaking skills are a plus