The mission of IAG is to help adults with disabilities and their families live normal lives in the community with the support of specialized services. The value propounded by IAG include those of dignity, respect, participation, advocacy and including appropriate care by the appropriate providers.
“A group who advocates for people with special needs."
Individual Advocacy Group (IAG) was started in 1995. IAG provides training services, therapies and residential support programs for children and adults who have developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral disorders or who have sustained brain injury. IAG provides services to 21 different counties throughout Illinois.
Positions are available in the Springfield, IL area.
Achieve a homelike, community integrated living environment based on values of individual self-worth, dignity, equality and respect for maximum participation in routine everyday activities, and experiences
Overcome challenges by providing functional skills training, social/interpersonal experiences, therapies, health services, community support activities and opportunities for community inclusion to developmentally disabled adults who reside in a community residential setting
Comply with the Department of Human Services licensing rules and applicable federal regulations to assure maximum normalized living, independence and self-reliance over the individual's lifespan.
- Train/coach/assist with basic daily living skills, social skills, budgeting, meal preparation/feeding, house cleaning, communication and mobility.
- Also includes implementing treatment plan goals, interpersonal skills and activity implementation.
- Ability to write progress reports
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have a high school diploma. Human service field degree or experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Prefer at least 1 year experience working with the developmental disabilities population.
- Pass pre-employment background check
- Must have current medical clearance.
- Team player and great can-do attitude
- Flexibility and ability to work all shifts
- Ability to pass reading assessment test
- Must be able to lift/move up to 40lbs.
IAG provides up to 120 hours of paid training as well as benefits to full time staff after 90 days of full time employment. Please visit our website for more information about Individual Advocacy Group. [ Link removed ]
IAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Certified Nurse Assistant