A world-class organization serving the largest and most recognizable brands in North America is seeking a Controller to lead the accounting team and manage all financial aspects of the company. Primarily responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, and negotiations, taking ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters.
· Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
· Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
· Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
· Coordinating activities of external auditors
· Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
· Managing the budget process
· Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
· Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
· Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database
· Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
· Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
· Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills
- Must have knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- 7+ years of relevant experience including tax and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA preferred and previous experience in public accounting is highly preferred.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles