To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
- Chris Van Arsdale
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Reverse Mortgage Consultant
Peoples Home Equity, Inc • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Reverse Mortgage Adviser
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Director or Area Sales Manager
* This is a work from any city / state posting
* Work from home (for most states or partner with our forward team in specific markets)
* Must have approved origination license for your state (completed required SAFE hours / passed the state exam at least if you are with a bank)
This role is responsible for originating reverse mortgage loans only (not forward, not wholesale) in accordance with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations.
This position is also responsible for fostering reverse mortgage origination sales. This position will provide mortgage analysis on all inquiries, which consists of, but is not limited to: in-bound calls and company generated leads, a wide variety of marketing efforts, outbound calls, prospecting Realtor Partners, referrals, etc. This position will originate reverse mortgage loans through these contacts and provide superior customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to all incoming leads in a timely manner.
- Conduct effective sales presentations to qualified borrowers in person & over the phone.
- Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community and business professionals, specifically with the real estate community.
- Build a solid network of real estate, wealth management, accounting, construction, health care and other sales professionals to grow and sustain a sales platform using the tools provided.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Keep up-to-date with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FHA and NRMLA in addition to other investors and agencies.
- Negotiate price, terms, and conditions with mortgages in accordance to Company policy.
- Quickly and accurately qualify applicants, obtain credit authorization, loan application, required signatures and supporting documentation and effectively communicate with operations staff.
- Represent the Company in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with internal departments and external contacts.
- Responsible for generating mortgage applications and disclosures through the LOS system.
- Responsible for providing preliminary qualification specific to loan programs.
- Responsible for assisting clients in choosing the proper loan program most suitable for their circumstances—Even when a reverse mortgage is NOT the best option.
- Document all client conversations in loan origination software and timely follow up in CRM.
- Communicate and work closely with operations staff to ensure a smooth and accurate loan process.
- Abide by NRMLA’s Code of Ethics and adhere to all mortgage related laws.
- Must ensure that personal NMLS licensing records are accurate and in good standing at all times.
- Must stay current with new and updated regulations affecting their area of work.
- Perform additional duties when required.
All offers for employment with Peoples Home Equity are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Peoples Home Equity will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Peoples Home Equity is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identify or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 4 years working in a financial service related field.
- NMLS Licensed Required
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Knowledge of personal computers and applicable software
- Mortgage Industry knowledge
- Two or more years mortgage experience
- Proven ability to generate business through networking, advertising and referrals
- Basic administrative and computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Reverse Vision, Encompass.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain a measurable business plan and marketing budget
- Financial skills to include calculating Residual Income requirements, closing funds needed and proper disclosure of fees, HECM to HECM refinance ratios and other related equations to properly qualify clientele.
- Thoroughness and highly organized
- A reliable team player
- Highly professional and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize many leads and prioritize opportunities
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated & self-sufficient
- Willing to work hard to achieve any and all goals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility. The position requires regular attendance and timeliness. The position requires working as a team and necessary face to face interaction with clients.
Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc., and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 40 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this job. Usual office working conditions: noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without notice. This job description is not an employment contract implied or otherwise. The Company remains an “at-will" employer. Qualified employees who require reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of the position should notify the Human Resources Director.