To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Petersburg, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant (Construction background required)
Creative Financial Staffing • Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a highly successful construction industry, that is looking for a senior accountant with "Work In Progress" experience.
- They offer a dynamic, entrepreneurial company culture and high growth opportunities.
- The ability to make an impact and contribute
- Work along great pedigree accountants with strong audit/public accounting experience
- Great leadership from upper management
- Professional and easy-going working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Manage the month-end close activities including journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, and preparing and analyzing data reports.
- Review, prepare and analyze accounting transactions, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and provide variance explanations for both internal and external analysis.
- Responsible for statutory reporting, quarterly and financial reporting packages.
- Assist in the management of the annual external audit, including internal processes and preparation of supporting schedules and analytics as needed.
- High-level understanding of U.S. GAAP principles and overall strong technical accounting skills required to financial reporting, month-end close process, and consolidations
- Lead, mentor, and supervise direct reports and provide recommendations on employee reviews and professional development
- Special ad-hoc projects as requested by senior management upon request
Skills/Qualifications of the Senior Accountant
- Significant experience (3-5+ years) Public Accounting and private industry experience; knowledge of financial reporting and operational transaction processing
- We are industry agnostic – we are looking for the right combination of strong accounting/reporting exposures and the ability to help evolve an existing infrastructure for a high-growth CPG/Retail company
- Significant hands-on role in refining the reporting and day-to-day accounting operations; ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to articulate an understanding of the business through the numbers
- Solid knowledge of accounting standards, processes, reporting and systems
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail, organization, reliability and a “get it done" attitude – and will dive in to get things done right, with high quality verbal and written skills.
- Willing to “role up his/her sleeves", operate at any level (from senior management to the lowest level of the organization), and do whatever it takes to insure the successful execution and growth of the business
- Must take pride in excellence and have the initiative to keep striving for improvement and learning while delegating and developing a strong supporting team
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with outstanding communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Excellent time and project management abilities; self-motivated and highly experienced with multi-tasking
- MS-Office suite including Excel skills (Vlookups and pivot tables) and MS Access. Knowledge of Netsuite or similar ERP system is preferred but not required
- CPA firm experience required
Salary Range for Senior Accountant role: $80,000 - $100,000 annually + Disc. Bonus (based on experience)
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) specializes in placing professionals into accounting, finance, and human resource positions with companies across all industries/all sizes. In the LA market, CFS is affiliated with Green Hasson Janks, a regional public accounting firm ranked Top 20 in the Los Angeles Journal’s Book of Lists. Due to our affiliation with Green Hasson Janks and the strict regulations public accounting firms face today, CFS operates a little differently than many recruiting firms. We do not take a strong-arm approach. We are extremely consultative and professional!
We would like to speak with you to learn more about your expectations of your next career opportunity, and to see if we might be able to help you reach your goals.
Rachel Aladdin, Director of Executive Recruiting
Financial Services – Big4 – CPA – Senior Accountant – Senior Staff Accountant – Ernst & Young – PwC –
Pricewaterhouse Coopers – KPMG – CPG – Retail – Consumer Products – Manufacturing -