Since we were founded in 1995, Transcription Express (an A+ rated company with the Better Business Bureau!) has empowered committed men and women to become self-employed as freelance transcriptionists who help us deliver high-quality transcription services to our Fortune 500 clients. We specialize in verbatim, interview-style transcription and currently contract with more than 200 freelance transcriptionists who work with us to process 21,000+ transcripts per month!
We are looking for skilled, reliable, deadline-driven transcription freelancers who are excited to provide services on an ongoing basis five days a week, Monday through Friday. Transcriptionists who work with our team are assigned four to six hours of work every day, Monday through Friday. Once work has been assigned, freelancers have 24 hours to complete and return transcripts from the comfort of their own home or office. Although transcriptionists have the freedom to work on transcripts any time of day, we do enforce strict, 24-hour turnaround times and prefer not to contract with people who already have full-time positions.
Freelance transcription offers a ton of conveniences for contractors who need to earn an income while working from home! Because this is production-based work that pays per page typed, transcriptionists can increase the amount they earn by improving their typing speed and accuracy. While monthly income varies from person to person, most freelancers bring in $600 to $1,600+ per month once they have completed our qualification program and a trial period.
Some of the other benefits of remote transcription with Transcription Express include:
· Flexible hours that allow you to download work 24 hours a day.
· Support from an amazing, in-office team who will mentor you through the transcription process.
· Steady, reliable work that empowers you to make a consistent income.
· Part-time hours (four to six hours of work per business day) that allow you to prioritize kids, family, and other commitments.
· Savings on daycare, gas, and other expenses you may have when working outside the home.
· Ability to boost your profitability over time.
· Weekends off!
Check out our website at recruiting.transcriptionexpress.com.
To work with us as a freelance transcriptionist, you must:
· Type at least 60 words per minute with 90% or better accuracy. Previous transcription experience, particularly with verbatim style transcription, is a plus.
· Proficiency with spelling and homonyms.
· Be a native English speaker located in the United States.
· Not have a full-time job or be a full-time student.
· Already have or be willing to purchase essential equipment including: A PC computer (no Macs), Windows Pro 7.0+, high-speed internet, a digital foot pedal (available for ~$55), and stereo headphones/earbuds.
· Have the ability to complete our online Freelancer Qualification Program before being assigned paid work. (Please note that completion of the program does not guarantee a contract offer will be extended.)
· Submit an extensive background check that is less than one year old that includes 10 years of past employment; federal, state, and criminal search; and social security trace for each county or city you have lived in.
To apply for this position, please go to our website at: recruiting.transcriptionexpress.com.
Ajax (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)