To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tucson, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
United States Army • Tucson, AZ
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The culinary specialist is primarily responsible for the preparation and service of food in field or garrison food service operations.JOB DUTIES
- Bake, fry, braise, boil, simmer, steam and sauté as prescribed by Army recipes
- Operate, maintain and clean field kitchen equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on garrison and field kitchen equipment
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.TRAINING
Job training for a culinary specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in food preparation.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Standard and dietetic menus and recipes
- Preparation and cooking of various foodstuffs and bakery products
- Food and supply ordering
- Storage of meats, poultry and other perishable items
- Interest in cooking, home economics, health, mathematics, accounting and chemistry