To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Burlington Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator
United States Army • Burlington Township, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
The U.S. Army offers some of the most exciting and important career opportunities in the country. As a Soldier, there is no limit to what you can learn and achieve. You will gain the experience that will give you an edge over those in the civilian world.
UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE OPERATOR
Do you have an interest in remote/radio control vehicles? Are you detail-oriented and enjoy research? If you’ve answered "yes" then you might be the perfect candidate as an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Operator (UAV) in the US Army.
As a UAV Operator, you will have the ability to observe both conventional and unconventional enemies for our nation’s defense planning. UAV Operators are remote pilots of unmanned observation aircraft, who gather and study information that is required to design operational plans and tactics.
Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare and conduct air reconnaissance, surveillance, targeting and acquisition missions
• Deploy and redeploy the UAV ground and air system
• Plan and analyze flight missions
• Perform pre-flight, in flight and post-flight checks and procedures
• Launch and recover air frame from runway
• Perform operator level maintenance on Communications equipment, power sources, light/heavy wheeled vehicles, crane operations
CIVILIAN RELATED CAREERS
The skills you learn as an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator will help prepare you for a future with federal government agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency or the National Security Agency. The training you receive in collecting, recording, analyzing and distributing tactical and technical intelligence information will prepare you for other fields, such as research or business planning.
• Nine weeks of Basic Training
• 23 weeks and three days of Advanced Individual Training
• On-the-job instruction including practice in intelligence gathering
The expert training and competitive salary are only some of the ways the Army strengthens you for tomorrow. As a member of the U.S. Army, you will also receive:
• Comprehensive health care (medical and dental)
• Generous vacation time (30 days annually)
• Retirement Saving Plan
• Family services and support groups
• Cash allowances to cover the cost of living
You may also be eligible for:
• Enlistment bonuses totaling up to $40,000
• Up to $81,756 for college
• Up to $65,000 to repay qualifying student loans
• Up to $4,500 a year in tuition assistance while serving
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
• 17-34 years old
• Healthy and in good physical condition
• In good moral standing
• High school or Equivalent Education