To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Aircraft Mechanic - Electrical, Avionics, Weapons, Egress, Engines
AECOM • Seattle, WA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AECOM is hiring Aircraft Mechanics 2 and 3 for their Holloman Airforce Base, New Mexico location! The Aircraft Mechanics will specialize in Electronics Electrical, Avionics, Weapons, Egress, Fuels and Engines.
Why work for AECOM?
- Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Tools provided on site
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News Record‘s “Top 500 Design Firms" for 8th consecutive year
Essential job duties, but not limited to:
- Performs line maintenance, related to aircraft armament systems and munitions loading
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories
- Install and remove armament related suspension equipment, launchers, adapters, etc. on aircraft to support configuration requirements, duties outlined in AFI 21-101 Chapter 3.8, 3.9 or 3.10
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of intermediate/depot level aircraft maintenance experience with Fighter Aircrafts or “Fixed Wing" Aircrafts.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory.
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Must possess a detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Must have completed military aviation maintenance training (2A354 or equivalent) or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess a certification from an accredited ASNT school.
- Desired experience is for F-16 or fighter aircraft.