To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Process Auditor
N.S. International, Ltd. • Troy, MI
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, with numerous facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ('NSI'), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
Purpose of Job
Responsible for a range of process improvement and process management activities across all North American facilities. Activities include planning, performing, implementing and managing business process improvement initiatives. Process management functions may include data gathering and analysis, process mapping, developing and recommending process improvement, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards, ensure standardization of business processes where applicable, and ensure compliance to business process standards and J-SOX requirements
Top duties or activities in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.
- Analyzes/evaluates all existing business processes and identifies process efficiency and effectiveness improvement opportunities such as bottlenecks, business risks, duplicate activities, compliance to J-SOX requirements (when applicable), and supports process improvement activities.
- Analyzes/evaluates all existing business processes and linkages and identifies missing documented processes and leads the team to document, improve and/or implement these newly identified processes.
- Participates in and may lead change management activities associated with process improvement. Engages leadership and other departments to obtain support and buy-in for changes. Partners with management, project champions, and process owners to align process improvement initiatives with business objectives.
- Constructs process flow diagrams that illustrate the various business process activities and their interrelationship.
- Defines, develops, and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success. Works with multiple departments, often with competing/conflicting objectives, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success. Reviews data post- implementation to measure success; participates in defining standards of improvement success.
- Researches best practices, and prepares recommendation on appropriate solutions.
- Reviews processes, ensures standardization across NSNA facilities where applicable, and modifies process flow diagrams when business requirements are changed. Assures actual process linkage and process diagram linkage between North American facilities as applicable.
- Supports ERP improvements as a project member.
- Manages the internal process audit/assessment process across North American facilities and confirms all processes match existing documentation.
- Works with the QMS Team to ensure business processes fall within the TS 16949 Guidelines and vice versa.
- Manages the internal J-SOX audit process and supports external J-SOX audits.
- Conducts internal J-SOX and Business Process Training.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
Education Bachelor’s degree in Business Related Experience
- Experience using J. D. Edwards or another ERP system
- Experience using business process management software is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- SOX Experience preferred
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/ Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/ Decision Making: Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team Work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Work Hours Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5pm. Off-hours as needed. Travel Requirements 30% international and domestic Additional Information
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.