To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Success, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Project Manager (Managed Care)
IPRO • Lake Success, NY
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Project Manager supports various Medicaid Managed Care programs by managing several Managed Care Department (MCD) projects concurrently and ensuring the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables. The Project Manager will coordinate the work of other staff, conduct presentations, and foster the professional development of all departmental staff. In addition, the Project Manager will oversee and assist in the design of varied large and small-scale projects, including performance measure validation and development, survey research, quality improvement studies, performance improvement project validation, compliance assessment, preparation of annual Managed Care Organization (MCO) External Quality Review (EQR) reports and research projects, and the associated collection and analysis of data, writing of reports, and management of internal databases including the design and production of reports. The Project Manager plays a key role in working with and providing technical assistance to external and internal customers, including MCOs and State and Federal clients.
- Superior organizational and project management skills, including the coordination of internal and external workgroups and matrix management of staff with the demonstrated ability to manage the full cycle of a variety of both small and large-scale projects.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, multi-project environment and manage time effectively to meet client deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Superior programming and analytic skills and oral communication skills, with the ability to present both qualitative and quantitative data and findings, both orally and in writing, to small and large groups of interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and formal and informal training sessions to staff from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to conduct onsite visits to health plans to elicit information about systems and processes related to plan operations.
- Knowledge of managed care operations, performance measurement and research and statistical techniques, including strong skills in a variety of software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, and SAS/SPSS or other data analysis software packages) with the ability to prepare cogent analyses using a variety of statistical, spreadsheet, graphic and database programs.
- Knowledge of, and a commitment to, the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Must have flexibility of work hours and ability to travel when needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s in a related discipline with coursework in management and analysis or equivalent experience, required. A Master’s degree in public administration, public policy, public health or related social science with coursework including both management and analysis, preferred.
- A minimum of two years (2) experience in medical research, health policy analysis, health plan operation, managed care or similar field, required.
- Experience in a variety of software packages, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and SAS/SPSS or other data analysis software packages, required.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.