To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newark, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Spring Hills Senior Communities • Newark, NJ
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Summary: Greets residents and visitors, answers the telephone and responds to both routine inquiries and emergencies, relays calls to the proper department and performs a variety of related clerical duties. This position reports to the Business Office Manager/Assistant Administrator.
- Attends work as scheduled and follow community’s call-off procedures.
- Greets residents and provides general assistance to visitors, prospective residents, and families.
- Uses proper telephone skills.
- Ensures safety of the residents and property by monitoring surveillance cameras, door alarms, life safety systems, building alarms and investigating any unusual activity.
- Ensures concerns are documented and reported appropriately.
- Maintains visitor sign in/out book and completes maintenance request work orders.
- Completes daily opening/closing procedures.
- Maintains emergency contact information.
- Receives packages, plants, etc. and delivers/holds as requested.
- Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills, LLC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements For Concierge
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Experience and Education::
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Standing (1/3-2/3), walking (under 1/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (under 1/3), stoop, kneel(1/2-2/3), talk or hear (over 2/3), taste or smell (under 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (1/3 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (under 1/3); Up to 50 pounds (none)