To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hickory, NC
- Bryan Rueger
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Manager
Transportation Insight • Hickory, NC
Posted 8 days ago
Travel - Up to 25%
Experience - At least 7 year(s)
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing all Human Resources functions for the company to include the oversight and compliance management of employment practices to minimize harm to the company. This position is highly hands on and is responsible for the development and leadership of new HR initiatives, driving automation and improving structure around compliance-related matters.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Payroll Specialist assuring accurate and timely payroll administration.
- Oversee all benefit administration including plan design, open enrollment process and communication with benefit providers.
- Oversee all employee relations procedures and processes.
- Develop, implement and manage a structured Salary Administration program and maintain bands within compliance guidelines.
- Develop and maintain Employee Handbook / Manual and Supervisory Handbook / Manual. Provide formal training for both.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager of Talent to identify talent gaps, discuss with management and provide recommendations as to job descriptions, salary levels, etc. Develop and communicate job-pathing models.
- Ensure constant awareness of compliance points with leadership and provide direction and training to maintain ongoing compliance with all federal and state regulations pertaining to employment practices. Complete all regulatory reporting.
- Develop and implement a formal and ongoing Leadership Development program which, from the 360 process to daily management, provides new and tenured leaders with tangible direction and support on improvement points.
- Monitor industry trends in employment practices and benefits to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace. As a key cost, monitor utilization of benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD) and provide updates on a quarterly basis to include employee practice reporting.
- As a part of policy structure, ensure coaching with management on key areas of potential liability (terminations, disciplinary action, etc.) for each issue as they arise.
- Manage all employee safety, welfare, wellness and health programs to include the development and administration of both program design and delivery to employees.
- On an ongoing basis, ensure the management and proper administration of employee performance feedback and ensure employees remain consistently aware of strengths and areas of focus. (through their leadership)
- Continually refine HR and OD processes to streamline and provide further efficiency.
- Provide oversight to onboarding and payroll processes.
- Maintain awareness of employment related legislation as it relates to TI practices.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
· Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management specifically.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management position in Human Resources either individually or within a team.
· Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Must have the knowledge and ability to establish credibility within the organization as the HR expert.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of employment.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.