To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
MEP Engineer - Mechanical Electrical Plumbing - Associate Principal
Buro Happold • New York, NY
Posted 25 days ago
This is a full time role located in New York, NY
Responsibilities and Accountability:
- The purpose of this role is to enhance the Group’s technical delivery and provide proactive project leadership.
- Exceptional leadership of projects, individuals, teams and the department as a whole. Maintaining and developing the highest standards of technical quality; continuously developing the department through innovation and creativity.
- Promoting BuroHappold’s integrated services to potential Clients. Reviewing financial and technical submissions/proposals; attending interviews.
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships under all circumstances, maximizing opportunities for repeat business.
- Project Director for appropriate group projects, taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Directing multiple projects across the group, taking responsibility for the engineering solutions while ensuring financial success.
- Mentoring and Coaching Colleagues - Associates, Senior Engineers and Engineers so that meaningful delegation can apply within the team.
- Ensure latest learning and development initiatives are implemented as required within the team. Support the management of reward and recognition of the team.
- Ensure delivery of the process of high-level project technical/quality reviews of specifications, reports and drawings produced by the team.
- Maintain the skills balance within the group in line with the defined strategic direction.
- Direct the engineering design excellence within the team and ensure dissemination of ‘best in class’ to rest of the Practice.
- Share and impart knowledge to support and encourage the development of others.
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written, listening) and competent at presenting.
- Minimum 12 years engineering leadership experience within an MEP Engineering Consultancy.
- Strong track record of project delivery in the New York City.
- NY PE License.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in a Technical field.
- LEED AP and/or WELL accreditation preferred.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of US and International Projects.
Described by our clients as ‘passionate’, ‘innovative’, ‘collaborative’: BuroHappold Engineering is an independent, international engineering practice that over the last 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world’s leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today.