To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, TX
- Lisa Wilson
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Radar/RF Engineer IV
JT3 • Arlington, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JT3 provides engineering and technical support to four of the western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech.
We are currently seeking a Radar/RF Engineer IV for our Las Vegas, NV facility.
JOB SUMMARY -- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Perform as lead on more complex engineering assignments.
- Leads Radar performance testing and data analysis/reporting activities.
- Generates measurement test plans to include subsystems to be measured, hardware configuration and measurement methodology, and expected values IAW documented system specification or mathematical performance modeling.
- Performs analysis on measurement data and prepares technical reports on findings.
- Provides explanations for discrepancies between measured and expects values and provides analysis of measurement uncertainties.
- Acts as subject matter expert in assistance of system troubleshooting to maintenance personnel.
- Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems.
- Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
- Completes design specifications, analysis, or design reviews for complex projects.
- Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
- Supports development of technical proposal and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications. Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for the design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conducts site visits and experimental investigations; analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as directed.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 4 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science Degree in Engineering with at least 2 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years radar and RF experience.
- Must have a mastery of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to serve as a technical authority on projects relating to specific programs.
- The position requires knowledge and skill sufficient to apply the latest developments in engineering to solve problems in the specialty area along with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools and possess planning/organizing skills.
- The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Incumbent will be required to qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and must have a valid, current state driver's license.
Duties are performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor duties may be performed on even or uneven surfaces, which may be dry or wet. Climbing stairs, ladders, towers, and scaffolds is required. Government vehicle is used on an as-needed basis. Ability to work in field environment with some shift work, at remote locations with occasional overnight assignments. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Routine travel to remote work locations may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of al responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.