To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenville, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
United States Army • Greenville, NC
Posted 7 days ago
Radio operator-maintainers are responsible for the maintenance of radio communication equipment. This equipment needs to consistently work in order for the Army to direct the movement of its troops.
- Maintenance of communication equipment and security devices
- Prepare, transmit, receive and record messages
- Maintain assigned power generators
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a radio operator-maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 13 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Mechanical and electrical principles
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Line installation and wiring techniques
- Communication of security policies and procedures
- Preference in working with electronic equipment
- Interest in solving problems