To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Worth, TX
- Katy Landoll
- Phone: 3469718316
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Drilling Fluids Specialist / Mud Engineer
WTS Energy • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Drilling Fluids Specialist
Only candidates with the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered for this role.
Compensation: $650/day + per diem. Housing and travel included.
Schedule: 14x14. Must be flexible to work long hours and nights, weekends, and holidays.
Requirements: BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Petroleum Engineering, Earth Sciences or equivalent plus previous Drilling Fluids or Mud Engineer experience preferred. Minimum of 2 year Associate or Technical degree with 5 yrs previous Drilling Fluids/Mud Engineer experience required.
Job Summary: The Drilling Fluids Supervisor is directly responsible for safely and efficiently managing wellsite operations relevant to the drilling fluids system. At this level, the employee has an in-depth understanding of the drilling fluids system chemistry, and is capable of properly testing and maintaining the properties of the drilling fluids system without supervision, and as per the customer’s requirements. The DFS is also capable of making recommendations to address hole cleaning issues or lost circulation events, and is capable of managing the drilling fluids system during well control conditions.
- Complies with all company & regulatory Quality, HSE, and IT standards & policies
- Wears all PPE as required and maintains required Quality & HSE certifications
- Takes proactive measures to eliminate safety hazards by performing appropriate risk analysis before each job or task
General Drilling Concepts:
- Knowledgeable regarding drilling rig types, rig components and functions
- Knowledgeable on drilling operations (i.e. drilling, tripping pipe, running casing, cementing, completions, etc.)
- Knowledgeable on the drilling fluids circulation system, it’s components, and each component’s function
- Knowledgeable on company product properties, applications, and limitations
- Knowledgeable on the properties of the mud (i.e. solids calculations, fluid chemistry, etc.)
- Knowledgeable on the effects of the products/systems on the mud chemistry (i.e. impact on pH, calcium, alkalinity, etc.)
- Able to generate and implement the drilling fluids program through close collaboration with the Project Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining the drilling fluids system within specifications
- Able to calculate volumes (i.e. mud pits, annular, pipe capacity & displacements) without supervision
- Able to apply effective pit management principles (i.e. slugs, pills, storage, reserve, kill muds, etc.) during drilling operations
- Knowledgeable on the solids control process and equipment and able to explain how various recommendations (i.e. screen size selection, shale shaker settings, etc.) will impact the drilling fluid properties and/or efficiency of solids removal
- Responsible for making appropriate recommendations that will prevent or address different hole problems (i.e. sloughing shales, gumbo shales, abnormal pressures, faults, etc.) encountered during drilling operations
- Responsible for making appropriate recommendations that will prevent or address lost circulation events (i.e. Mud Weight reduction in case of losses)
- Responsible for making appropriate recommendations that will minimize the impact of wellbore conditions (i.e. temperature, pressure, formation, etc.) on the drilling fluids system
- Responsible for making appropriate recommendations that will minimize the impact of contaminants (i.e. H2S, CO2, water intrusion, reactive formations, cement, etc.) on the drilling fluids system
- Responsible for making appropriate recommendations related to the drilling fluids system that will improve hole cleaning efficiency
“VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referral of vets requested. An Equal Opportunity Employer: females, minorities, veterans, disabled and other protected groups."