To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
United States Army • Chicago, IL
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Radio operator-maintainers are responsible for the maintenance of radio communication equipment. This equipment needs to consistently work in order for the Army to direct the movement of its troops.
- Maintenance of communication equipment and security devices
- Prepare, transmit, receive and record messages
- Maintain assigned power generators
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a radio operator-maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 13 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Mechanical and electrical principles
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Line installation and wiring techniques
- Communication of security policies and procedures
- Preference in working with electronic equipment
- Interest in solving problems