To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Posted 9 days ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine? Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineer – Head Up/Helmet Mounted Display in Portland, OR.
A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Immediate opportunities are available in the Portland, Oregon metro area for talented, motivated systems engineers to design, develop, and test a variety of products including Enhanced Vision Systems, Head-Up Guidance Systems, Helmet Mounted Display Systems, and innovative new display products geared toward the military and corporate jet markets. With an emphasis on product quality, we are developing systems, which bring improved value to the flight deck through enhanced situational awareness, lower operating minima, and added safety benefits. From being the Head-Up Display provider for the Boeing Dreamliner to the Helmet Mounted Display provider for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, Rockwell Collins continues to build trust every day.
Our Systems Engineering team is responsible for overall vision system, head-up guidance and helmet display system requirement definition, including the definition of interfaces with other aircraft systems, the definition of desired functionality (including display formats and behaviors), and the verification and validation of the correct implementation of these defined characteristics, as well as LRU system definition and qualification. Systems Engineers initially work under the direction of a Lead Systems Engineer on one or more development programs, and are involved in the preparation of system-level verification procedures, and the execution of those procedures. Growth to a lead engineer position is encouraged.
What Will You be doing?
· Identification of system-level requirements and preparation of system specifications, system descriptions, wiring diagrams, interface control documents, software & hardware requirement documentation
· Developing system and safety requirements in accordance with ARP-4754A, ARP-4761 or MIL-STD-882
· Providing conceptual design to foster decomposition of the system requirements into lower level requirements; working collaboratively with a hardware and software engineering design team to develop functions into their design states
· Preparing and participating in system design reviews in accordance with MIL-STD-1521.
Developing system integration cases and procedures to be executed on system integration test stations, customer simulators, and on flight test vehicles
· Developing system verification cases and procedures to verify all system and safety requirements
Preparation of system functional test procedures and creation of traceability from system functional requirements; providing inputs into development of standard test procedure format and test coverage analysis
· Generation of certification compliance reports based on the certification basis for a given program
· Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Design or Aviation preferred)
· 4 plus years of experience in Systems Engineering design and development of complex systems in the avionics industry.
· Must be willing to travel approximately 15% of the time
· Desire to work with team members located in domestic and global locations
· Master’s degree in Engineering or Aviation
· Integrated avionics, Head-Up Guidance and/or IR imaging
· Experience with requirements definition and verification, including interface definition and a basic knowledge of physics, mechanical, structural and/or optical design
· Experience with estimating, tracking, and reporting project costs and schedule and leading cross-function teams
· Military avionics deployment
· Vision systems experience including IR imaging
· Pilot’s license with instrument or commercial ratings
· Experience with the application of ARP4754A for Part 23 and 25 aircraft
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of Our Competitive Benefits Package Includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
· Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
· Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
· An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
· Tuition reimbursement
· And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.