Director of Business Development (remote work option)
The URL blocked - click to apply (MDIC) is the first ever public-private partnership created with the sole objective of advancing medical device regulatory science for patient benefit.
Our work in this area has the potential to redefine how new technologies are developed and evaluated, creating the structures for responsible sharing and efficient analysis of Real World Evidence (RWE) to inform and empower patients, accelerate medical device innovation, and improve healthcare outcomes. The URL blocked - click to apply (NESTcc) Data Network is a device-focused data network within the medical device ecosystem that conducts efficient and timely high-quality RWE studies throughout the total product life cycle.
In this newly created role as Director of Business Development for NESTcc, you will lead business development activities and capture market share by identifying stakeholders who will benefit from access to improved use of RWE generated in the routine course of care. The current fragmented health care ecosystem does not support the seamless, near real-time, cost-effective use of health data to generate high-quality evidence for medical devices needed for regulatory decision-making in both the pre- and post-market spaces.
On an ongoing basis, traveling about 50 percent of your time to conferences and other industry events, you will engage with medical device manufacturers and other stakeholders to understand their business needs and issues, evaluating how we can support them and conveying the value proposition of utilizing the NESTcc Data Network. Along with MDIC and the Nestcc team, you will determine the viability of engagements, understanding motivations and goals of stakeholders, market trends, and the overall potential of the NESTcc Data Network, aligning products to market needs.
Over the next few years we anticipate that you will:
- Lead the management of existing relationships with dozens of device manufacturers, building on current connections with previous partners, Governing Committee and Board of Directors relationships, and other interested parties. You will work closely with NESTcc’s Executive Director, Chief of Staff, and Data Network Director to manage relationships with existing network collaborators.
- Research new opportunities, generating new business with large and small medical device manufacturers and other organizations to utilize the NESTcc Data Network.
- Along with MDIC and NESTcc leadership, contribute to the development and pricing of services, products, and business solutions that create value. Align products to market needs and build upon existing products and services.
- Create and manage the development of our Salesforce CRM data collection strategy to optimize how we track and manage data.
- Travel to attend industry events and conferences; develop connections with new medical device manufacturers by understanding their needs and challenges and relaying how NESTcc can support their business goals.
- Become a subject matter expert on the NESTcc Data Network assets, offerings, processes, and operations, and remain up to date on industry news.
Responsibilities of the Director of Business Development
- Create and implement the overall strategy for business development that will result in revenue growth and long-term financial sustainability for NESTcc.
- Develop and implement a strategy for recruiting and retaining new business for NESTcc. Lead new business activities for capturing market share. Develop and track metrics.
- Understand the market for health innovation and medical device research using RWE and develop strategies for entering the market.
- Maximize awareness of the NESTcc services and offerings through a robust, multipronged approach with varied stakeholders, including marketing, advertising, public relations, and direct B2B effort.
- As needed, hire, train, and manage business development and marketing staff to achieve strategic plan performance and annual growth objectives.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to achieve widespread awareness, evaluation, trial, and adoption of NESTcc services among stakeholders.
- Ensure a seamless, efficient, and transparent process for proposal generation and contract execution among clients and within NESTcc.
- Collaborate with the operations team to ensure contracted project specifications are executed on time and as agreed.
Qualifications of the Director of Business Development
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA is preferred. Ten or more years of experience in the medical device manufacturing technology industry preferred.
- Ability to travel 50 percent. Ideally located near a major airport hub for easy access and cost-effective travel.
- Robust understanding of the clinical trials process and/or role of RWE.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for bringing a product to market (including clinical trials, test cases, quality of data, pre-market notification, pre-market submission, pre-market approval, post-market surveillance, device labeling, label expansion, and real world data).
- Understanding of legal, contractual, and pricing components for research contracts.
- Knowledge and experience with information technology and data management systems. Experience working in Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively as a team within a dynamic, startup work environment.
Attributes of the Director of Business Development
- Builder. You are intellectually curious and an excellent sounding board for new ideas. You implement solutions and create the tools and resources to ensure we achieve our goals.
- Results-driven. You smoothly manage through ambiguity and can easily shift gears, reprioritize, and stay focused on outcomes. You create frameworks for analyzing opportunities and consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Business-minded. You have successfully structured opportunities to generate revenue. You are data-driven and able to anticipate, identify, and analyze needs.
- Collaborative. You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level. You share information, work cooperatively, seek out relevant information, decide on the appropriate steps, and achieve the desired results.
- Problem solver. You enjoy engaging in thought-provoking business discussions.
What’s Attractive to the Right Director of Business Development Candidate?
- Your work has the potential to dramatically advance regulatory science for medical devices, accelerating medical device innovation, leading to better informed and more empowered patients, and improving healthcare outcomes for every American.
- You can live and work anywhere in the US, ideally near an airport hub.
- Because we are a newly created organization, you will not just be a cog in a wheel, rather, you will have an active voice as a key contributor. We work together and succeed together, and your ideas and input are an integral part of our success.
- With an ever-changing landscape in the healthcare industry, your work will ultimately keep our stakeholders informed and connected to current resources that will better enable them to make important business decisions, share vital resources with each other, and keep up with healthcare trends across the world.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including health, dental, and life insurance, paid time off, 403(B) plan with match, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and more.
To Apply for the Director of Business Development:
You can Apply Online or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at email@example.com with “NESTcc – BD Director #2019-2474 CB" as the subject of the email. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.